PDA

View Full Version : Player Command to Unlock Corpses

trevius
08-08-2008, 07:24 AM
I think it would be nice if there was a way to allow players to unlock the corpses of any mob they kill. Since the raid system still isn't close to working, I think this would be a nice temporary work-around to allow players who are not in the Merit group (the group that got the kill) to loot without having to wait until the corpse unlocks on it's own.

I wouldn't want players to be able to unlock other player's corpses, only their own mob corpses. Having to wait for 10 or more minutes for a corpse to open while you are on a raid is a waste of time IMO.

So_1337
08-08-2008, 08:16 AM
There's a #corpse unlock command that GMs have available, but I've never seen it function in all the times I've tried it. It's possible that that will have to be fixed before any other variation of the same function can be applied elsewhere.

trevius
08-09-2008, 02:36 AM
I am almost certain that #corpse unlock used to actually work, but within the past few months it stopped for some reason. I know I have used it in the past and it worked. I have no idea why it doesn't now. I can look into that one maybe. But, I don't want to give my players access to unlock any corpses that aren't their own.

ChaosSlayer
08-09-2008, 02:48 AM
I have a concurent request - while at it, also implement a rule which have make "corpse LOCK OUT" for all player except the player who killed the mob - in other words - an ability to prevent anyone looting other people corpses

alternativly, I belive the game curently adds like 2 min to whatever normal corpse timer is for others to loot, perhaps a separate rule setting would be nice so we coudl set it separatly how much corpse lasts for killer and how much for others (including 0)

on top of that - a special flag to individual NPC that his corpse NEVER unlocks for other player - great for raid targets

KLS
08-09-2008, 02:54 AM
Lockout needs a little bit of a revamp. Currently I believe it's base decay timer / 2 for lockout but it really should be it's own rule along with probably other added options. So request away.

trevius
08-09-2008, 03:49 AM
Ya, that would work just fine as well. Especially since corpse decay timers are coded into the source depending on mob level. I would love to see a rule to set that.

I also wouldn't mind an option to be able to adjust decay timers depending on the zone. One example where I would use this would be a zone I made purely for people to exp and AA in where the mobs have no loot. They AE alot in there, so it would be nice if the corpses just poofed right away for less load on the players and probably on the server as well. I am sure there are other cases where this might be useful as well. But, I think the most important part is corpse lockout. If it was adjustable or if there was a way for players to unlock them, then the non-functional raid system wouldn't be so bad. Though, I would love to just see raid working :D

ChaosSlayer
08-09-2008, 02:10 PM
one more: a rule how fast empty- no loot corpse will decay - so if i set it to 0, an empty corpse poofs instantly

Andrew80k
08-09-2008, 03:36 PM
one more: a rule how fast empty- no loot corpse will decay - so if i set it to 0, an empty corpse poofs instantly
This would be a most excellent feature to have...

trevius
08-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Ya, actually that would solve another issue I am having with trying to delete corpses.

ChaosSlayer
08-09-2008, 11:19 PM
another thing- while at it- why don't you guys also write code for Trivial Loot?

for those who don't know the term- Trivial Loot is when you do not get any loot (besides coins) from a mob who cons Green.

this is great way to stop high level farmers from farming lower level named - nothgin more upsetign that bringign 6 peopel group and fightign entire dungeon to get to the name and have 1 guy 25 lev higher than you simply run ahead and kill your named in 2 sec cuase he needs that sword for his lev 1 alt.
of course with a rule to turn it off for servers who do not want such feature =)