PDA

View Full Version : Horses without Luclin Models

Demdadar
08-30-2008, 04:59 AM
Actually, if you try to summon a horse using the classic models you get a message telling you that you need to activate "your" luclin model and the horse model in order to summon it.

So, no matter the result, I would like to get rid of this restriction (there is no problem in activating "Horses and Elementals" tho) and have a ride using the old models.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

ChaosSlayer
08-30-2008, 11:45 AM
the reason restriction was put in is cuase old model does not have "sit on horse" graphics and movement, at best case the old model woudl look akward with a horse, at worse the client will crash =)

and no, i have no idea how to do that

AndMetal
08-30-2008, 02:14 PM
I can say from personal experience that you used to be able to do this on Live, and you wouldn't have the speedup/slowdown like you did with the new models. Of course, it was an exploit, and was changed later on. I'm not really sure if the check is just server side, or if it is just client side. If there is a server side piece (which I assume there is), you'll probably want to check zone/spells.cpp (http://eqemulator.cvs.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/Source/zone/spells.cpp?view=markup). Seeing as how the blocking is Live-like, I don't think it will be changed in the source, although it might be good to have a Rule for it (on by default).

Demdadar
08-30-2008, 07:34 PM
I see... Thanks for the awnsers. Well, I really don't know about this, I was wondering if modifying a few lines at the database would enable this kind of feature (even if there was no animation at all)... But i'm guessing it's going to be a bit more complicated than that. However, if it was possible on live (even through an exploit) and it didn't cause a crash, it should be possible here... :)

AndMetal
08-31-2008, 04:54 AM
It looks like I was wrong. I dug through the code and couldn't find anything causing the buff to be removed. In fact, you can initially cast the buff, but it gets removed at the next tick check.

Bottom line: it looks like this is all done client side. In addition, it looks like the client is able to tell the server to remove the buff, although I'm not sure exactly how that works.

I think a better way around this would be to add a rule in the source to allow sitting HP/Mana regen while moving, then allow it to be toggleable with the rules system. It would probably end up being a custom modification though, because it could cause some class balancing issues, and definitely doesn't mimic Live (and we would need to use the Anniversary client to support Resting).