PDA

View Full Version : New install of PEQ, unable to cast spells

gnode
08-31-2008, 06:18 PM
Problem: When I cast any nuke, I get the message "You cannot see your target." followed by "Your spell is interrupted."

This is what I have done today:
1. Install EQ titanium fresh for this server install.
2. Install the latest PEQ server pack, pointed it to the new EQ client folder.

It has my spells_en.txt and spells_us.txt in the root eqemu folder.

Am I missing something?

Any help appreciated..

trevius
08-31-2008, 06:20 PM
You need to download and install the .map files into your eqemu/maps directory. Without them, mobs won't agro when a player coming in range of them and you can't cast any detrimental spells.

gnode
08-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Ah thanks a lot let me give that a try...

I copied map pack earlier but that was on a different test run (my first day to play with this) and I guess I forgot to do that my 2nd try.

Was wondering why no one would aggro me...

gnode
08-31-2008, 06:33 PM
I copied the maps and new maps to the eqemu\maps dir, restarted the server, and it still does not work.

Is there something I have to do to make the server recognize?

ltflyr
08-31-2008, 08:20 PM
Make sure you copied them to C:\EQEmu\maps and not c:\EQEmu\maps\maps.

The default extraction will put them in the wrong directory if you're not careful.

gnode
08-31-2008, 08:29 PM
It is definitely just in the eqemu\maps folder.

Found the problem!
PEQ installed the maps directory as "maps". I renamed it to "Maps" with a capital M and now it works!!!

Thanks a bunch guys.

gnode
08-31-2008, 10:54 PM
I was premature on that other post about the problem being solved.

I think the problem is that I did not use the map pack provided by PEQ. I am downloading their map pack now and will try again.... if this works then I did a big facepalm. Apparently my nukes work in Akanon, but not steamfont etc..... did not test thoroughly before declaring victory.