PDA

View Full Version : NWN Player Made Mods

Zio
07-05-2002, 08:45 PM
I was thinking while waiting for the next EQEMu release, anyone that had NWN and is good at Roleplaying and of making the sort. Would want to get together in IRC and start designing a player made mod.

- I've noticed alot of popular mods out right now are PVP, or straight on fights for exp.

- My idea was going over a whole thing like single player. Have it set on one thing that keeps going farther and farther and harder and harder, and better items, you know like an adventure challenge.

- Of course we'd probably have to make some models and tilesets. But it'd be good learning for learning their scripting system, some modeling, and ... uhm... tiling :D

Also because I think NWN is great, but singleplayer is short lol :p

Trumpcard
07-06-2002, 01:59 AM
I'd like to see the some of the old classics make a come back.. Against the Giants, Vault of the Drow, Temple of Elemental Evil, Keep on the Borderlands..

Some of those were awesome.. Lets not forget Tomb of Horrors, the most character eating tournament module ever written..

I'd be glad to help if I could get my damn linux NWN server to be accessible from the outside world. I've tried port forwarding my packets from one interface to the other, swapping interfaces, all to no avail. The damn thing will only listen on my internal interface.

Zio
07-06-2002, 06:05 PM
Alright, I was talking to a friend.

I'm gonna setup a website and a forum. We are (over time) gonna be creating wicked modules all customized. Like tiles and such. Then we set a weekend when it'll be ran on a fast server where you have to create a new character and can only use that character on that server. ( I think thats how it works ) It'd be lots of fun.

Baltar
07-08-2002, 04:19 AM
I like this idea. Since I can't play the real modules in nwn w/o
crashing, I think alot people would want this.

Zio
07-08-2002, 12:30 PM

I just think all of the modules people make aren't the way the game was made too be.