PDA

View Full Version : Server not serving all the Zones?

hackwizofcent
07-06-2002, 05:13 PM
I've just put together a server got everything up and going... but.... one problem.... I can't go into zones like halas and others as well..... the server says the zone could not be found in database.... I've tried re-installing EQ and the server as well but it didn't work... I've also updated my DB file.... WHAT DO I DO!?!??!?

Lurker_005
07-07-2002, 04:56 AM
What DB are you ussing, when is it giving you the error, are there any errors in your world or zone windows?

hackwizofcent
07-07-2002, 05:12 PM
This was an attempt to log on a char. that I JUST created... char was a barbarian shaman that stats out in halas... I start the server...I start EQW... then I created my char. only to find when I try to zone from the char. select screen I get kicked right to my desktop... I had NO trouble starting my human in quenos, everything done GREAT... but.... not so with the barbarian in halas. YOUR REQUEST FOR THE WORLD.EXE AND ZONE WINDOWS ARE BELOW!!!

The World.exe windows reads as follows:
Attempting autobootup of 'halas' for ___my Char. Name___
Zoneserver SetZone: ___My IP ____ : 7995 halas
Enter world : ___My Char.___ : halas
Client disconnected
Removing clien from ip : ___My IP_____ port: 3142
Zoneserver SetZone : ___My IP ___ : 7995
Zoneserver SetZone : ___My IP___ : 7995
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Zone window Says as follows:

Map: Maps\halas.map not found.
Zone ID = 29
Reading zhdr file './cfg/halas.cfg'
Using database for safe coords.
Zone safe coords are x = 0 ; y = 0; z= 4
Petition 0 pettime = 0
----------
Zone server 'halas' listening on port: 7995
----------
99328 New client from ip : ___my IP____ port : 3144
Login packet 1 <OP_SetDataRate = 5>
Unexpected packet during CLIENT_CONNECTING2: OpCode: 0xe821, size: 4
Login packet 2
Loaded playerprofile for __my Char____ - size: 8244/8244
Loaded alt_adv_table for __my Char___ - size: 256/256
Login packet 3
Client disconnected : ___my Char
Dropping client: Process=false, ip=__my IP__, port=3144
Automatic shutdown
Zone shutdown: going to sleep

Lurker_005
07-08-2002, 09:45 AM
Looks like a bug or something causing the server to drop the client. To see if the database might somehow be causing the problem, try loading hte default DB and see if it still boots you.

hackwizofcent
07-08-2002, 12:06 PM
Nope Didn't work... I tried the original DB and still didn't work... then I tried your DB... and no luck.... I think I may have a problem with running the server on Windows XP??? any sugestions??? any problem running the server with Windows XP Professional?

donfi
07-21-2002, 06:18 PM
Sorry Hack, it is not an XP prob. I just logged in to Halas on my server. I run XP proffesional. (Until Someone can tell me how to get the client running under linux I have to.) So there has to be someother problem on your machine. Is the halas map there. I noticed that the server said it could not find it.

Map: Maps\halas.map not found.
Zone ID = 29

TheClaus
07-22-2002, 01:46 AM
You do not need the map files. The map files where to enable pathing of the spawns on servers but was never finished. It would work for a bit and then stop working.

donfi
07-23-2002, 08:41 AM
Oh to bad. I would like to see things moving about. That is one of the fun things in eqLive sometimes you accually have to chase something a ways. I play rangers alot. Tracking is fun. Even if it does sometimes lead you right through an enemy camp. lol