PDA

View Full Version : EqEmu Error: Bad Username/Password

Luladar
02-05-2002, 06:20 AM
Ok, I followed all the instructions, got an account from gotfrags, type it in and it gives me the error "EqEmu Error: Bad Username/Password". BUT, I tried eqemu/eqemu and it logged me in, but when i tried to join a server it gave me Error 1017, which told me to re-update everquest and try again. I did that, and it still doesn't work.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Trumpcard
02-05-2002, 08:12 AM
1) Are you running the minilogin server? If so, the only account is eqemu/eqemu. If you are pointing to eq.gotfrags.com, then sometimes it takes awhile for the username to show up. Try to reset it after 5 minutes or so.

Also, make sure you type eqgame.exe patchme when you start eq, and not just eqgame patchme

Update
WOOHOO, now a follower instead of a newbie!

Luladar
02-05-2002, 12:25 PM
Ok, ill try and explain this better...
I copied the eqhost.txt, got an account from gotfrags, open up eqgame.exe patchme, type in the account and password i just signed up for, and get "EqEmu Error: Bad Username/Password"

What am I doing wrong?

Trumpcard
02-05-2002, 01:56 PM
go back to got frags, reset the account, and try again.. it does that sometimes....

Luladar
02-05-2002, 02:40 PM
Ive reset the account a number of times, and it still does not work!

Anyone else have any ideas?

madborg
02-05-2002, 03:33 PM
Here's a possibility -- sometimes you catch the server napping. You get the same message if the login server is down.

Don't use eqemu/eqemu -- that is for your minilogin. And reseting won't help either.

So if you are repeatably getting that message, it is strictly a login server issue, nothing that you need to do.

I do know that the login server is up, so try again and let me know. I will be sitting here waiting.

Luladar
02-05-2002, 07:10 PM
I just tried again, and it instantly pops up with the error, it appears as if its not even trying (not too sure, just a geuss)

Thanks for trying, but i need more ideas!:(

madborg
02-05-2002, 07:20 PM
Here are the cases where you can get the error:

1. you don't have the user/password or you mistyped it
2. your eqhost.txt is pointing to the wrong login server
3. the loginserver is not running

That's it. There are no more cases.

If you are going through gotfrags, you don't even need to have a server running because the login happens independent of your server.

Look at your eqhost.txt file in your client directory and make sure it looks like this:

[Registration Servers]
{
"eqlogin.gotfrags.com:5999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin.gotfrags.com:5999"

}

DeletedUser
02-05-2002, 11:23 PM
Well, it's also possible if your ISP is running a proxy server. That will completely fuck over the web script for creating accounts. Only solution then is to have an admin fix you manually.

madborg
02-06-2002, 06:45 AM
Well, it's also possible if your ISP is running a proxy server. That will completely fuck over the web script for creating accounts. Only solution then is to have an admin fix you manually.

Is it possible to put a "check your login here" section on the page. Seems that such section would at least get rid of the question "am I using the right name/password?"

**added**
or the other variation, seen at most places, is "forgot your password?", but I think that is more work.

shifty monstar
02-11-2002, 09:18 AM
is the login server always down?

madborg
02-11-2002, 09:48 AM
is the login server always down?

no, most of the time time the loginserver is up and running.

The biggest confusion seems to be around:
-getting a gotfrags account and then trying too soon to login
-not remembering the name/password from gotfrags
-confusing the gotfrags name/password with the minilogin server eqemu/eqemu name/password

shifty monstar
02-12-2002, 04:49 AM
O.k.