PDA

View Full Version : Bots not casting spells/buffs with latest update

johnblack100
10-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Hi,
I seem to be having problems with my bots not casting any spells/buffs.
I did a fresh install downloading the latest update Revision-141-bots from here http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/.
I downloaded the latest database update from wincvs and sourced the database successfully. When I run my server I am not getting any errors. I have created a bot successfully and can join him to my group however he does not cast any spells at all. Even when I ask them to attack they fight but will not cast any spells.
Not sure what I have done wrong any assistance would be appreaciated.

Johnblack100.

cavedude
10-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Did you add maps to your server directory? Also, did you remember to copy the spell files from your client over to the server directory? You can do a search on the forums for both, as both will cause the problem you're having.

johnblack100
10-26-2008, 03:07 AM
Thanks Cavedude, it was my spell files that I forget to copy across

Cheers Johnblack100

helstar
12-07-2008, 04:54 PM
well i have installed peq installer with eqoffline settings. bots spawn fine. they wont buff or cast. i have checked for the spells and maps in eqemu dir and all is their. im running mysql 5.0 and activeperl 5.8.8.822 and the last update on the site. could use some help

Congdar
12-07-2008, 09:48 PM
I haven't tried the peqinstaller so I don't know what version it is at, but the latest code is at the SVN site and peq has instructions for downloading and updating to the latest database.