PDA

View Full Version : Bots start not full of mana?

Andrew80k
11-09-2008, 06:34 PM
At least on my server it appears that the change of the calculation for mana has also made the bots start with only the base amount.

Congdar
11-10-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm not see this. I had a pc and a bot cleric both equipped identically and they had the same mana. Once they recieved buffs thier mana went up if the buff had +mana or +wis on it.

Andrew80k
11-10-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm not see this. I had a pc and a bot cleric both equipped identically and they had the same mana. Once they recieved buffs thier mana went up if the buff had +mana or +wis on it.
Hmmm. I'm not doing anything differently. I spawn the bots, add to group, and my bots say they have 12% mana once they have buffed up and starting to med. It used to only drop to around 85%. Their gear is the same, buffs are the same. Only thing different is the rev I'm running. Did I possibly miss some rule that affects mana regen?

Ikeren
11-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Cleric bot: 85% is wrong. They're using Hand of Conviction, which costs 3200 mana. Your cleric bots would have to have 21000 mana for a cast of HoC to take 15%.

For them to drop down to 12% mana after buffing makes sense: Hand of Conviction + Blessing of Devotion + (Resist buffs? Is that in the cleric spell list).

What you're seeing is a change from bad calculations to accurate ones. I won't specifically run numbers from every class, but I'm betting that is what it is; bots previously used NPC mana calculations which gave them significantly more mana then a PC of the same or worse equippment. Now they use PC calculations, which means less mana.

Andrew80k
11-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Hmm. Maybe it is normal but my cleric has around 30k mana, I think. It just seems odd and something I'll have to get used to.

Congdar
11-11-2008, 10:04 AM
The old calcs gave 3x the mana the new calcs give. the old calcs were from the npc methods and the new calcs are from the client methods. I see that npc's have quite a bonus over players. So yeah, bots now have much less mana to work with than before. If you have 30k mana, try equiping a like bot with your gear and see if it comes out the same. It should, at least my testing did.