PDA

View Full Version : Access violation?

Neiv
11-17-2008, 11:01 PM
When I export a scn, it compiles for a bit then returns an error:

"Access violation at address 0063F353 in module 'Openzone.exe'. Read of address 00000015."

I reinstalled the executable, with the same result. Any suggestions?

Windcatcher
11-17-2008, 11:13 PM
I would need you to post your scn somewhere so I could test it before I could find out where the problem is.

Neiv
11-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Thanks Windcatcher. File is located here (http://www.scinc.com/start.7z)

Windcatcher
11-18-2008, 01:41 AM
Hmm...I exported it to S3D and XWA with no errors. I have some questions:

- What version of OpenZone are you using? (I'm using a beta version of 8.5 so perhaps I've fixed a problem)
- What are you exporting to? (S3D? XWA?)
- Can you post the textures you're using? Maybe it's a texture problem.

Neiv
11-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Hmm...I exported it to S3D and XWA with no errors. I have some questions:

- What version of OpenZone are you using? (I'm using a beta version of 8.5 so perhaps I've fixed a problem)
- What are you exporting to? (S3D? XWA?)
- Can you post the textures you're using? Maybe it's a texture problem.

I'm using 7.0 because I have resource issues with later versions. I'm exporting it to S3D. I've never encountered this error before, and it comes up with all my scn files now. I did some disk clean-up recently to make some room on my drive, but I don't think I touched anything related to OpenZone (does it share files with other programs?). It was after that clean-up process I started receiving the errors.

Textures are here (http://www.scinc.com/download/textures.7z).

Windcatcher
11-18-2008, 10:01 PM
7.0?! Yikes. Well, I extracted that version and still managed to export your scene to both .S3D and .XWF with no problems.

OpenZone doesn't share anything with anything, it should be entirely self-contained (that is, it doesn't use anything outside its own folder). Maybe you deleted a DLL that it needs? What happens if you extract your OpenZone 7.0 archive again?

7.0 is really ancient. What happens if you try running version 8.4? What OS/RAM do you have?

Neiv
11-19-2008, 07:17 PM
What happens if you extract your OpenZone 7.0 archive again?

7.0 is really ancient. What happens if you try running version 8.4? What OS/RAM do you have?
I'll try extracting again. I'll also try the latest version of OZ. The last time I tried version 8, it took forever to open and hung up when I tried to export.

Neiv
11-23-2008, 08:51 AM
I extracted the latest version and it seems to work fine on my computer. I discovered the export errors are related to meshes I had in my previous version. The scn exports fine, but When I copy over the old meshes I get the export error. Moreover, the error persists even when I remove the meshes (I end up having to re-extract the entire package to get it to export again). The lack of meshes render my scn a stripped-down version of what I had before, but I can live with it. Thanks for the help, WC.