PDA

View Full Version : West Commons Generating errors.

Sylaei
12-08-2008, 11:15 PM
I am having trouble with West Commons. Any time I try to zone either from ecommons or kithicor or #zone, it kicks me out of eq. I wind up with a defunct process that is unkill able. None of the eqemu logs have any type of error in them. I have to reboot the server to clear things up. The database works fine on my windows test box.

What files could I look in to see what errors might be logged. Even debian logs if that would help.

I'm sure that it is something in one of the other files or maybe a disk error, I just can't seem to find the place to start looking.

Thanks,

trevius
12-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Try clearing out your zone_dumps table. If you run static zones, a zone crash can cause the zone dumps to hose up and requires them to be manually deleted. One of the reasons I prefer all dynamic zones :P

KingMort
12-09-2008, 03:49 PM
What there is a zone_dumps table ??

hmmm..... Mine is called zone_state_dump and it's empty.. maybe i'm out of date or something eh ??

Could maybe explain our strange lag too recently..

trevius
12-09-2008, 06:46 PM
LOL, sorry, I wasn't looking at the DB when I made that post. It is called zone_state_dump just like you already have, Mort. I think it stays empty unless a zone is set to use it and it shuts down. I don't really know much about it, because I don't use static zones or zone dumps.