PDA

View Full Version : New Bot commands, Do you want them?

Angelox
12-30-2008, 09:20 PM
I have already have this tested working with my DB, so far the people who tried it liked it a lot, but since I changed/added so much, I wonder if it will be a good thing for the source, or should I just keep it custom.

Here's what's new;
-Many changes to the way Bots handle some of the spells.
-Better communication between the Bot and the player.
-New bot commands; sow, resist, levitate, invis.
-Your spell icon window should be less spammed with un needed buffs.
-Wolf form size adjusted to something reasonable (Derision showed me the light here).

Break down of the new Bot commands;
#bot sow - If you have a Druid in the group; "Do you want [sow regular] or [sow wolf]?"
When in dungeons, options change; "I can't cast this spell (sow) indoors, try [sow shrew] if you're 35 or higher, or [sow feral] if you're 50 or higher," (any other Sow caster, will just offer sow).

#bot invis - has options; "Do you want [invis undead], or [invis live]?"

#bot resist - also has more options; "Do you want [resist poison], [resist disease], [resist fire], or [resist cold]?" (I've since added three more 'filler' classes for this (Cleric is default), and also [resist magic] )

My goal here is to make the bots seem more natual, as if I had real players in the group;
I think all these spells (many un needed) constantly being casted, clutter the spell icon window, and are unnatural (Example: on live, no one will be casting all the resists on you all the time).
Another reason why I Isolated Sow, is so the Druid can 'self Wolf', like they do on live (remember the quiet druid sitting off in a corner with wolf form on?).
The bots interact with you more; what was a cold list of commands;
#bot [sow] - [regular], [wolf], [shrew], [feral],
Instead, the bot will talk back and ask you what your prefer, or tell you it doesn't have the proper level yet..
This will shorten the default '#bot help' command result, and should be easier for you to figure out what command works where., because the bot will help you.
If anyone wants to test it out, It's on Rathe public server, My home Minilogin server, Leslamarch's AX_CLASSIC Ver 1h install kit , or you can download the custom bins and database from my site.
I really would appreciate feedback on this.
Edit;
If I add these commands, I will have to remove the same spells from the DB bots spells list, they will not be 'auto-casted' anymore.

Congdar
12-31-2008, 03:08 AM
I like the 'more natural' thing you're doing, and I like the invis and sow parts. Maybe you could extend that for levitate too? I don't like the resist part though. It was always natural to put the resist buffs up first and allow them to be fodder for the dispelling creatures so the real buffs were safe.

Angelox
12-31-2008, 09:08 AM
I did already have Levitate in there too, just forgot to add it to the post. You're right about the resist buffs, I sort of remember people doing that too, (even myself). It might be usefull to bundle the resists into one command, so you can save them for last (or you said first?), since the dispelling creatures debuffs usually started with the last buff in place( i thought last anyway), but I can't remember if the debuffs became random later on, or if they are random now with EqEmu.
If you liked it, then that's good enough - I need to work out a few more things i noticed, and I'll submit it.

Kilur
12-31-2008, 02:48 PM
I love the idea of having more natural Bot's. Where can I get the code to add it to my server? Is the spell db SQL available?

Congdar
12-31-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm pretty sure the dispells peel off the first buffs, and that's why I set up the spell casting that way. I have a sql file that i've been updating to change some of the existing spells. I just haven't given it to Cavedude to update the database yet cuz I was planning on making some other changes. It currently has changed the shaman lineup to debuff first then slow from what it was. There's some other tweaks in for other classes too. The link for the sql file is in the bot release sticky thread in this section of the forums and i've update it with my recent changes.

Ikeren
01-01-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm pretty sure the dispells peel off the first buffs, and that's why I set up the spell casting that way.

It did at one point. I believe around Luclin//PoP, mobs started getting "Random dispels" as opposed to "Fixed dispels" where Fixed Dispels, like Dragon Dispels, removed the first # buffs on your screen, where as random dispels took any spell.

I'm not sure if the EQEmu accurately represents that, however.

Richardo
01-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Any chance that you can make everything the bots say in group chat? That would be awesome! :)

Congdar
01-01-2009, 06:19 PM
That would work for the bots in your group, but you wouldn't know the mana status of the other 66 bots. I have recently reduced a lot of the spam by making most text appear only to the client running the bots and reduced the mana update reporting as well.

cubber
01-07-2009, 10:38 AM
These new commands are great. I reciently had a chance to play around with them, simply amazing!

I do have a request, not sure if it is possible though. I see you have it so wizards can evac a group. Any chance in implementing ports, or even the abiility for them to translocate you to a chosen destination? I would think it could be doable since they already give you choices for other spells.

Angelox
01-07-2009, 11:42 AM
It can all be done, just takes time and a lot of testing - I did make a Druid evac , so wizard can just be added to the list.

I just submitted '#bot charm' to SVN; thing is, your chanter cannot have the normal pet else all that happens is the charm target will aggro. What I did was add the chanters pet to the '#bot group remove' list, so you can remove before casting charm.

It appears to all work fine.

If you see any problems with any commands, please post, we need the input. I try and test everything, but something always passes my by - I usually see extra problems when I start playing for real.

cubber
01-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks angelox, it would be nice to have wizards added to the list of evacer's as well as offering ports/tls.

After farting around with it a bit more I started playing with a ranger bot and tracking. Its great! Any plans on having the ability to locate a mob with it in the future? For instance I see a mob on the list I wish to track so I click it, and it proceeds to tell me its is to the right, left, straight, or behind just like the normal tracking skill.

Angelox
01-07-2009, 01:11 PM
In reality, true Tracking is controlled by the client (I figured that out after days of head busting), the only way it works, is if you play a tracker class. We think it might have been blocked by SOE as so as to curve cheating. Since we are not allowed to alter the client in anyway, the solution has to be found in the server/source. The whole tracking system has to be developed from scratch, if you want to use it for bots.

What you see now was mostly done by Derision at my request (Derision made and showed me how to work with the new bot tracking window).
I think it can be improved, there's other windows like the "/find" npc one, which would draw you a line to the NPC; It may not be protected, and we might can use it.
But without people like Derision and Congdar, I'm nothing else but a bunch of 'good ideas' :)

After farting around with it a bit more I started playing with a ranger bot and tracking. Its great! Any plans on having the ability to locate a mob with it in the future? For instance I see a mob on the list I wish to track so I click it, and it proceeds to tell me its is to the right, left, straight, or behind just like the normal tracking skill.

cubber
01-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Gotcha thanks for the info. Still the ability to see the mobs that are up, without having to level up and box a tracker is a big plus.