PDA

View Full Version : Looking for support with spells and some editing

Xzerion19
01-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Hello,

My apologies if this is in the wrong forum. On our server there are a number of spell related things we are trying to correct and edit and I am looking for some guidance and advise.

1. We want to revert all spell data back to original. For example Ice comet originally hit for over 1k and had a greater mana consumption and cast time than it does now. I am using an old program called EQcaster to open up the spell file from a Kunark CD to analyze the data. So far we have been using the Allia Spell editor for the server. The formulas are probably the most confusing part and setting the spell dmgs...for example for dmg spells they all list a range like -400, 801...what is the -400 for? And for the spell lava bolt it should hit for 810, so I plugged that in and it only hits for 809 in the game. The spell forumula also says 5: min+Level*5....not sure what that means. Also what is the difference between recast time and recovery time?

2. We are trying to change the spell icons to original without changing UI files. In the Allia editor there are three spots that reference icon..."Icon", "Mem Icon", and "New Icon". Is there a way to get the old spell icons by manipulating these? In the Eqcaster program I am using it lists only one Icons type and it seems to match the "Mem Icon" number for Allia's exact.

3. Does anyone have Pet focus effects and items working on their servers at all? From looking at the default data of spells_us.txt with the allia editor it looks like the effects page is accurate, but on the classes/deities page it doesnt look like the spell/effect is tied to an item ID, is this fixable by editing that? If not on the Main Data page there are 3 dropdown menus that currently list 1 as 14: Conjuration, 2 as 6:Self, 3 as None. I saw in the second drop down menu that NPC pet and Pet are selectable. If anyone has these working can you post a SS of your data for them?

Thanks in advance for any insight or help.

Xz

nilbog
01-25-2009, 01:01 PM
bump..bump bump.

anyone?

ChaosSlayer
01-25-2009, 08:05 PM
the way dmg of a spell is done is that 1st number represenst initial minimal dmg (always in negative) and 2nd number represent MAX posible dmg (in positive) spell can scale up to given the formula

the formula of Min+Lev*5 reads as:

MIN DMG (400) + 5 points of extra dmg per lev of person who casts the spell up to 810 max dmg

so if this spell is obtained at lev 50 then dmg is 400+5*50=650
at 51 it becomes 655, at 52 670 etc with max posible dmg ever is 810 (last value not included) - which means 809 actual dmg

Recast time- is how soon you can cast this spell next time

Recovery - is how soon you can cast ANY OTHER spell after casting this one

Xzerion19
01-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Chaos,

Thank you very much for the reply. So if I am understanding what you said correctly, if I made the max dmg 811, then it would hit for 810? Also, does the first figure of the min dmg count? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have any info on my 2nd or 3rd question?