PDA

View Full Version : Question / Info

Zio
07-19-2002, 05:02 AM
http://tsiris.com/tovn/

has a big listing of items, but they are all made in text with a backround. Is it possible to make a script to leech them all into database format, all you would have to do is set the icon and appearance and the item would work?

^^ If so, it'd be helpful sense I know most of the icon/appearances. But I do know that i'm not clicking on every link making each item :D

Lurker_005
07-19-2002, 05:38 AM
If the items are in magelo's DB, then don't bother. I already am working on the magelo data, and they have more info (Item number, Icon number, spell number Few other things)

Ariak
07-19-2002, 08:25 AM
1) Magelo has Every item.

2) There is no program that can leech stats from a *screenshot*
A program like Magelo actually reads portions of the item and isn't a screenshot.

3) Most of NTOV items are in the DB, now, anyways; with the exception of Vulak loots.

Ariak
07-19-2002, 08:35 AM
Ignore #3. I thought it was JUST ntov loots :) wow, nice listing!!

Shawn319
07-19-2002, 09:10 AM
1) Magelo has Every item.

2) There is no program that can leech stats from a *screenshot*
A program like Magelo actually reads portions of the item and isn't a screenshot.

3) Most of NTOV items are in the DB, now, anyways; with the exception of Vulak loots.

Are you sure it has "EVERY" item?? I would assume it only has the items belonging to people that use the magello program (in the backround) while playing EQ. I doubt EVERYONE uses magello so there may be some rare/uncommon items not turned in yet (or artifacts).

Kolo
07-19-2002, 12:42 PM
There is no program that can leech stats from a *screenshot*

Well...not really what he meant I dont think. The data on the website is in plain text. I have made something similar to what he wants a while back at work to pull info off a web page and auto populate it in a SQL database. It isnt that hard if you understand the HTML Document object layer...it just takes time to sort the information out and get the data "just right".

And no...I'm not volunteering :P already have one project I dont have alot of time for. But anyone with Visual Basic (yes it can be done in VB....very easily)...if you have the time to study the HTML document layouts and understand how to connect and upload info to SQL.