PDA

View Full Version : Run-Time error

WillowyLady
01-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Eq Item Viewer
Character Inventory Manager v14.3.2

When attempting to edit items (using New Edit), included in latest update Rev279, I am encountering a run-time error.

run-time 458

"Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic"

cavedude
01-21-2009, 11:23 AM
It's due to the new items table from 13th Floor I bet.

GeorgeS
01-22-2009, 11:50 AM
I think that's correct. I've been working to find these errors in other tools, but I'll look into this for eqitems and Rev279

GeorgeS

laxative
01-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Greets,

Yup I'm getting that error as well

Thanks for looking into this so quickly GeorgeS

Laxa

GeorgeS
01-22-2009, 11:39 PM
I Dl v.279 and it won't load the items table in - says an error like

(tried with mysql.exe and mysql-front)

data truncated for column 'augslot1unk' at row 1
`augslot1type` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
sql that breaks this is -
INSERT INTO items VALUES (1001,0,'Cloth Cap',0,2,0,0,0,0,'0',0,0,0,0,7,'' ....
should read
INSERT INTO items VALUES (1001,0,'Cloth Cap',0,2,0,0,0,0,'0',0,0,0,0,7,'0' ....

then it works. A "Null" is not allowed in this field.

no data is therefore loaded. How did you load this file in?

GeorgeS

WillowyLady
01-23-2009, 06:41 AM
Ahh, I built new database as follows

peq_db
:pserver:anonymous@peq.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/peq

peq_quests
:pserver:anonymous@eqemuquests.cvs.sourceforge.net :/cvsroot/eqemuquests

cd c:\peq_db

mysql -u root -p

\u peq

source peqdb_1129Rev279.sql

I think this just creates a new database, so may not be suitable for adding to an existing db, as it may overwrite / delete / alter existing data.

Looks like the error you are experiancing is generated when trying to load items table to an existing db.

Sadly, I am somewhat new to this and the answer as to why no data is loaded is beyond my knowledge :(

However, I am sure there are many helpful gurus here that can come up with a reason.

laxative
01-25-2009, 07:59 AM
Hi there,

I also used CVS to get the update, and I did a drop system before source the database back in.

I think I understand what your saying about the value problem.

Is there a query we can run to fix this table?

Thanks

cavedude
01-25-2009, 04:07 PM
That's an odd problem, as the dump comes directly from TGC (which is working, obviously) and sourcing it here gave me no trouble.

But, I can understand why it is occurring. 'augslot1unk' was renamed to 'augslot1visible' and that's where the trouble is. However, when the dump was created that column was populated with all 0s, not NULL. I am wondering why it wants to use NULL for you...

Anyway, I am putting up a new SVN dump with fully populated 'augslot*unk' columns now. Without the unk column being populated, Augments didn't work in-game. Later on, though I plan on changing the column reference in the EQEmu source so we can drop the unk columns, since they are no longer unknown :P

The item schema may be unstable for a bit, since this table is a fresh dump from 13th Floor. Might us well clean it up now, you know?

trevius
01-25-2009, 04:20 PM
That sounds good Cavedude. It may actually be helpful for the SoF stuff I am working on as well. If you have to do any code changes for the new field changes, would you mind submitting sql to change the fields for existing tables? I imagine I could figure it out, but I think most custom servers would need the sql instead of sourcing their items table from PEQ DB.

cavedude
01-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Of course, I keep a log of all item changes so the next time 13th Floor is updated, I don't have to reinvent the wheel.