PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple of questions. (Newbi)

donfi
07-20-2002, 04:13 AM
My character got killed. He is a half-elf/Ranger in GFay. The guards then for some reason began targeting him. :mad: I decided to add Faydarks Champions to his Factions list. I am using EQEmu Admin Tool. When I hit commit it gave a dialog box saying "Data set not in edit or insert mode"

Question 1: How do I put it in edit mode?

When I called up Prefernces to see if there were a check box or something there (I accually think it has to do with MySql but it was worth checking) I found a box marked maps. I think this should point to the games zone maps. But I do not know where they are.

Question 2: Where are the maps?

I said only a couple so since I could list dozens more I will stop here.

Once again Thanks for any help you give. :)

Hardy
07-20-2002, 06:05 AM
Not sure about the faction, but about maps: Set the target to the EQEmu Admin Tool folder.

donfi
07-20-2002, 06:52 AM
There are no sub folders. I have EQEmu stored like this

e:\eqemu\FQemu

I set it up in FQemu because that is what the readme said to do. There are however no subfolders.

(edit) I did try to set it to point to these folders

e:\eqemu
e:\eqemu\FQadmin

in both cases the I got floating point errors when I hit the "spawn" tab. It is the only tab I can find that seems to have anything to do with maps. It accually has a place to display them but I only have a black square there.

Hardy
07-20-2002, 02:33 PM
Don't quote me on this, haven't messed around on the emu since 3.1.1. But I believe the Admin Tool needs to be in a seperate folder, like c:/admin. Unless they changed the maps directory, thats where it should be. They might have changed it since I left, I am not sure :confused:

donfi
07-21-2002, 05:39 AM
can someone give me an accurate name for one of the map files. I could then do a search for it. I could locate them that way.

FQAdmin is in a seperate file. only in this case I had it unpacked into a sub-folder in order to do better book keeping on my computer. I do not like to many folders in my root directory. It makes it much harder to find what one is looking for. especially since I have about 20 or 30 games on my computer. The games themselves are put under /program files. I only have a couple of emulators so they can sit in the root dir. (edit) I put the tools for each emulator with the emulator so as not to have to search for them. It cuts down on my having to memorize where I put what since I sometimes walk away and leave thing for weeks before returning to them. I also store any third party tools for a game (map editors, texture creation tools, weapons editors, what ever) with the game for the same reason.(end edit)

This is only a book keeping thing since I followed the normal unpacking routine and answered all questions in the install programes in order to only change the location of the install base. It should have just moved its normal structure to e:\eqemu\FQAdmin then branched out from there.

The edit box did point to C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi\Some thing or other. But, C:\Program Files\Borland does not exist on my system.

Hardy
07-21-2002, 07:03 AM
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemu/eqemu-admin-tool-maps.zip?download

donfi
07-21-2002, 07:44 AM
Just downloaded and installed. It worked. no more Floating Point errors if the cursor strayes over the map area of the "Spawns"

Thanks.

Hardy
07-21-2002, 03:23 PM
np :) sorry i can't help with the faction prob