PDA

View Full Version : run time error using new georgeS item editor

gmraiford07
02-09-2009, 08:57 PM
everytime i open up the items editor it loads fine but as soon as i do a new edit on the item i get
run-time error "3265"
item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal

beerbong
02-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Yep getting the same error.

beerbong
02-09-2009, 09:44 PM
(sorry for double post wouldn't let me edit)

Seems like the items database was updated and the editor is not currently compatible.

GeorgeS
02-10-2009, 11:04 AM
The error is reported and a fix is coming shortly.
The new schema is the cause.

GeorgeS

gmraiford07
02-10-2009, 11:41 AM
ahhh ok thanks for the notice georges :) i always love using your tools i had one that was working but ended up having to do a full reformat and my external crashed too so i lost everything lol

GeorgeS
02-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Fixed the program to handle the latest schema

Everquest Item Editor and Character Inventory Editor
- 14.4.0 - Added support for items table SVN schema 292 i.e change all columns from `augslotxunk` to `augslotxvisible`

Finally, it's done, but please let me know if there are other issues.

Another source of crashes occur when a null is in a field when one cannot exist, and that will make the program crash. There is no fix for this. Make sure your tables are ok - especially if you update often. I rarely update the items table, except for the schema.

GeorgeS

Aldest
02-17-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm having the same issue myself. I believe I pulled the newest version of the item editor off your website too.

14.4.1 is the one I'm using and the install of my database is new.

Any thoughts on this?

kolamer
02-18-2009, 11:52 PM
I am using version 14.4.1 and I am getting the runtime error everytime I click on new edit.

GeorgeS
02-19-2009, 11:06 AM
I cannot help with the issue with the error with your db because there are nulls in fields where there should'nt be any. I loaded in the newest items table schema and saved a version for anyone that wants

http://wizardportal.dyndns.org/dl/peqdb_1129.zip

GeorgeS

Zodl
05-22-2009, 06:33 PM
I am getting this same error: 3265, Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal, but only when using the Spawn Editor, ver 07.15.01. The other editors (item, crafting, loot) work. I just re-installed all of EQ Emu on 5/21, so my tables should be current (I pulled them all down from subversion). Do you know if this is the same issue or a new one?

GeorgeS
05-23-2009, 01:16 PM
The spawneditor (standalone) version no longer works and is integrated into the npc & loot editor tool now. All dev. for the tool is current for the new version integrated into npc & loot editor tool

Glad you got the tools to work!

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
05-31-2009, 09:56 PM
IN the newest item editor, I added a debug feature that will generate a report when a problem occurs in "new edit". So far bug reports have been coming in and I can say I can diagnose every problem with the report (when emailed)

I can conclusively say the issue 100% is schema differences from the PEQ db vis some user's schema. Thus I have uploaded a copy of the latest PEQ db with my accounts and toons I play with, including a copy of the emulator files as well. Latest is rev590.

DL those if you are struggling getting this tool to work.

GeorgeS