PDA

View Full Version : DB 1129 to Current?

thepoetwarrior
02-15-2009, 04:28 AM
I tried to update my database from 1129 to current SVN downloaded. I used changelog.txt to do all the required SQL. I sourced in the *.sql from EQEmuServer/utils/sql/svn/*.sql's using mysql from command line. I compiled source with make, and made new links with ln -s ../source/ etc...

After I did all that work, I was able to log in to the char select screen, but the char had no armor on, and could not log into the zone/world. I dont want to start with a new database since the server is custom since 1129.

Is there any easy way to update my current database to work properly? The changelog.txt had a huge list of required and optional sql, as well as a list of sql's to source in, etc. Is there one big update I can use from Navicat Query or sql file? Also, I noticed the current SVN is missing "utils/sql/09252008.sql" noted in the changelog.txt. Im pretty sure the probem is updating the DB correctly.

trevius
02-15-2009, 06:46 PM
You are probably just missing an SQL update or 2. I think there may have been 1 or 2 that weren't made into SQL files in the /utils/sql/svn/ directory. Make sure to go through the changelog while you do the SQL file updates and add in any that might have had the SQL posted directly into the changelog. It would be best to run them all 1 by 1 in the order of the revisions they are for. Watch for any errors you get while running them. If you just ran them all at once by using a *.sql command, it probably did them in the wrong order, which could definitely have caused some issues.

thepoetwarrior
02-16-2009, 01:01 AM
Yeah, probably the order of sql. I tried to work my way in correct order. Will try again later. thanks.

thepoetwarrior
02-17-2009, 09:25 AM
I went thru this time more slowly with SQL updating, and found the 09252008.sql that was missing in the current SVN, found here:

http://www.google.com/codesearch/p?hl=en#gBbYfVgiBxk/trunk/EQEmuServer/utils/sql/09252008.sql&q=09252008%20package:http://projecteqemu\.googlecode\.com&l=-1

Also, some quick questions.

I noticed #bot not working. Is it included with the latest SVN or is there additional code to add? Or change number of bots in the rules from 0 higher up to 5?

Also, in some SQL updates, I noticed adding stuff to commands table, and its showing that commands table had 3 fields. The 3rd field, description, is missing from my table. How do I ALTER that table to add descriptions field in? I know it wouldn't be an int type. A copy/paste SQL code would be nice if one of you could make.

Thanks for all the support so far!

trevius
02-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Glad you got it working. I believe for bots to work, you need to uncomment a define somewhere. I haven't used them before, so I don't know exactly which file that define would be in, but I imagine you could probably find out by reading a little in the Bot section of the forums or maybe in the wiki somewhere.

For the issue with the new commands, I don't have that description field in my table either. You can just add them in without the description field part and they work fine.

thepoetwarrior
02-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Thanks much!