PDA

View Full Version : @drawde

SVVS
02-05-2002, 11:52 AM
first: sorry for some errrors, my english isnt the best :)

second: u do a lot of work, gratz...

...but: u know that the guard in Cabalis drops the Cleric Epic?

iam a sql noob, but u use the commands or?:

mob xxx are a low lvl war. this mob dropps low lvl war loot right?
=a karnor skell drop low lvl war dropps..

how are, if u and all ppl who have many exp with sql make it like this:
for example

Item 1000 - 2000 are PoFear only loot
Item 1000 - 1100 are PoFear - Necro only loot
mob xxx are a PoFear Necro mob?
this mob dropps 1 item random 1000 - 1100

Item 2000 - 3000 are Guk only loot
Item 2000 - 2100 are Guk War only loot
Item 5000 - 6000 are random Guk loot
this mob drops 2 items, first 2000 - 2100 and second 5000 - 6000

sorry i cant it write better, but i hope u alle know what i mean

Drawde
02-05-2002, 10:11 PM
I think I know what you mean - for your first question, I have set up NPCs to have items appropriate to their class and level (e.g a very low-level warrior has patchwork armour and a rusty sword) but only for humanoid NPCs, not monsters. Monsters have more or less the loot they do in normal EQ - e.g a normal skeleton drops bone chips and rusty weapons, Frogloks drop mesh/woven armour and gems, etc. - though with some omissions (since not all items are in the DB), and also many unique/named monsters haven't been done yet and just drop generic loot (I'm working on that at the minute). Monsters generally drop more loot and "rare drops" are more common than in normal EQ though. (intentionally)

As for the last bit of your post, I don't think it's a good idea to change the numbers of items in the DB item section, since the existing ones are actually the numbers used by real EQ - item summoning spells, etc. need to know the number of the item to summon.

About monsters in the Planes, there is a table with random high-level armour pieces that many Planes monsters use.

Hope this helps.

SVVS
02-06-2002, 09:19 AM
then are this not a bug, thats the Cleric Epic dropps by Cabalis Guards?

Drawde
02-06-2002, 09:31 AM
This is because some of the Cabilis guards (Crusaders) are level 50 clerics.
Since guards are currently considered NPCs they're given items appropriate to a level-50 cleric NPC or player, but not really appropriate on a guard! I'll eventually implement seperate loot tables for guards, probably just a basic weapon and a few armour pieces, with fine steel or enchanted weapons for higher-level guards.

SVVS
02-06-2002, 10:15 AM
ah ok then i take a look to high Necros and Chanter :o)

Caprice
02-11-2002, 06:23 AM
need the spawn entry codes to add to database, but need to know how to get the server to remember the spawns i #spawned.