PDA

View Full Version : De-Leveling

Rezbee
02-22-2009, 04:19 AM
Just curious if it is a known bug or not, but I'm getting reports on my server that players are deleveling to 51 that should be dinging 65 (level cap).

Not sure if it is a misconfiguration problem or if it is something that is easily fixable.

trevius
02-22-2009, 05:19 AM
I am not sure if this is your issue or not, but there are 2 rules for setting the max level. There is the maxexplevel rule, which tells the server what to allow players to level to normally, and there is a maxlevel rule, which tells the server the max level for other features such as keeping scribed/memmed spells when you zone, training at a GM, and others. The reason to have the second rule is in case you want to allow players to exceed the maxexplevel cap. An example would be on Storm Haven, we allow players to quest their way from level 70 (maxexplevel cap) up to 75. So, players can only level via exp up to 70, but without these 2 separate rules, it causes all sorts of problems for players over level 70 that got their via our extra level quests.

If you want your server to have a cap of 65, you can either set both of those rules to 65, or you can set maxexplevel to 65 and leave maxlevel at 0 and it will have the same effect. The only time you need to set them differently is if you wanted to do something similar to what Storm Haven does with above level caps. If your maxexplevel is set to 51, then that is the cause of your problem. Otherwise, your issue is something unrelated to these rules.

Rezbee
02-23-2009, 03:27 AM
Nahh the only thing that was defined was Character:MaxLevel and it was set to 65 -- the guy should have dinged I would think... there is nothing else in the rules table with Character:Max anything.

In variables table there is no max level like there use to be.

Yeormom
02-23-2009, 11:23 AM
How are the players getting that level? Through traditional experience or setting the level manually? I've seen cases where if a level is changed incorrectly, such as through the database, when they die and lose experience, it recalculates their level based on the current experience they have rather than the actual level.