PDA

View Full Version : EQ Packet Collector v1.0-RC1

Lyenu X`Arie
07-27-2002, 07:12 PM
Yay! The User-Friendly GUI version of packetcollector is out.

Screenshots: http://www.lyenu.com/images/winpc/

Download It Now!: http://lyenu.crimsonlayer.net/releases/PacketCollector/1.0-RC1/eqpc.zip

Joy! =)

Lurker_005
07-28-2002, 04:19 AM
puuurrrrdy!

:)

Almost tempted to borrow some friends live EQ account just to packet collect :D

EQYali
08-21-2002, 01:43 AM
hi,

I run this application well on win2k but can't on win98se ?
(i don't have a win2k computer at my home :))

Someone else can run it on win98se ?

Yali.

Aspirax
08-21-2002, 03:44 AM
1) The product is unsupported.
2) Supplying some useful error information might help you get a more elaborate response.

EQYali
08-21-2002, 03:51 AM
for the eqpc RC1 :

In Win98se, when i run the application nothing happen without any error displayed... Application doesn't start

Same application with same installation (all library installed) on win2k run well.

Yali

Aspirax
08-21-2002, 03:52 AM
Try running it from the command line to see if there are further messages.

Also, make sure you download all the DLL's it requires.

EQYali
08-21-2002, 04:39 AM
already tried that :(

No message when running from command line

all dll are in the same directory as application :

libmySQL.dll
msvci70.dll
msvcr70.dll
mcf70.dll

Tried with winpcap 2.3 and 3.0

Yali

Shawn319
08-21-2002, 03:58 PM
Lyenu is no longer with us :( So i'm not sure she will continue supporting her programs (If you are, please reply.. your not banned from posting :) )

Lyenu X`Arie
08-25-2002, 04:27 PM
Yes, I will continue to support them, and if need be I will release a new version (which should be done, so that everyone who likes it does not have to suffer it's bugs and errors =) ).

PS: I am very aware of the bug with Win98, and it will be resolved in RC2 (putting time into it to fix the display I/O lag and also to make it more memory efficent).

EQYali
08-25-2002, 08:34 PM
Thx for reply

Yali

DeletedUser
09-04-2002, 11:58 AM
link to wincap? WB Lyenu glad you haven't left for good. :)

Lurker_005
09-04-2002, 12:41 PM
Since I don't play on live I can't verify this, but RC1 wa released before the last patch. It MAY not function right unles it is updated... Go get the packetcollector that image posted in the news forum.

Lyenu X`Arie
09-04-2002, 06:24 PM
Hello. That is not true BTW, Packetcollector will always collect packets correctly, as it does not use a structure. The only things that may not operate correctly are features that are not in RC1. But ontop of it all RC2 is VERY near and will have all of these features, and hopefully a parser so that the structs can be updated from a file. Anyways look for that soon...

PS - Sorry about the long wait for the new version, but I completely revamped my code, it is all MUCH more efficent and it works with windows9x! =D

DeletedUser
09-08-2002, 10:58 AM
gah.. and i finnally got xp :)

Lyenu X`Arie
09-09-2002, 04:50 PM
Just a few updates on what will be happening with RC2.

1. Program has been renamed to "Packet Monitor", since EQ Packet Collector was to simular to Packet Collector and caused confusion.
2. Fixed the issue with Win9x, it SHOULD work now (atleast it works here =p).
3. Fixed the font in the main text output window. It is now set to Courier New so the packet dumps will show up correctly.
4. Fixed the issue with text output being laggy, should output normally from now on.
5. Redesigned the programs interface. The new one is less cramped and has the options devided up to multiple forms (Device Settings, Database Settings, etc).
6. Added in all the features (CFG Collector, Chat Logging, etc) of the regular packet collector.
7. Fixed a bug which occured when uploading items to a database.
8. Many more bug fixes ontop of these...

Anyways, as you can see though there are a LOT of fixes and new features coming in this release. Its purpose will be to get it tested for bugs so that I may release the final version bug free,