PDA

View Full Version : Bot Issue: Adding Bot to Group Crashes zone.exe

Vincire
04-22-2009, 07:56 AM
Hello,

The issue occurs when evoking the command #bot group add when adding the targetted bot to a group. The zone.exe process for the current zone crashes at the moment the bot is added to the group. The bot creates and spawns just fine. I've loaded all of the bot tables from the current HEAD PEQ version manually.

I'm running the following on my test server:

EQEMU - Rev408-Bots.zip
Database - PEQ (Current Head Version)
ActivePerl - Latest Version
EQOffline:BotsQuest - FALSE;

Thanks for your help :)

Congdar
04-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Look around at the various log files for some help. the emu server log files, the eq client log files, the mysql log files.

Hopefully you can find something there that gives a hint. I don't have this issue, so it must be something with your setup. Maybe check \EQEmuServer\utils\sql\svn\ for the various bot related sql files and compare them with your database tables to see if everything is matching up.

Vincire
04-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the insight. I'll do some digging.

Aergad
04-22-2009, 06:44 PM
i havent has this issue either actually lol let us know what you find

Vincire
04-23-2009, 09:12 AM
I ran the following TSQL scripts against my DB:

328_bot_management.sql
250_bot_spell_update.sql
285_optional_bot_spell_update.sql

Bots now work beautifully without any serious issues other than them clumping together when they're in the world.

I did notice that #bot corpse summon doesn't work when there's an appropriately leveled necrobot in the group however. I do get the alert text "Attempting to summon <SoAndSo's> corpse" but no action seems to happen and no corpse appears.

Other than that, works great :)

Congdar
04-23-2009, 09:40 AM
It works, but I have noticed that if you spawn the bot then right away do the corpse summon command then it doesn't work because the newly spawned necro is going through its buff spells.

Try waiting until after the necro has summoned it's pet and finished casting all of its buffs.

This also happens for other spell request commands like '#bot evac' and '#bot cure curse' If the bot is just recently spawned it is going through its buff list casting spells and you will be lucky if you happen to send the command just right, in between buff casting.

I have used the command before to summon my corpse, but looking at the code it could use a tweak.

Vincire
04-23-2009, 10:59 AM
All of the other #bot commands seem to work nicely. #Bot Sow is my personal favorite. Ah the memories.

Anyway, the bots themselves are amazing. I do have some questions:

1) When a bot dies, is it possible to leave the corpse as a world object for a possible Rez for just a period of 5 minutes or so?

2) is it possible for the Bots to stand a few feet apart from each other? It is sometimes difficult to hand a Bot equipment.

3) [Probably not possible] Can bots be set to persist through zone transition?

Congdar
04-23-2009, 11:31 AM
All of the other #bot commands seem to work nicely. #Bot Sow is my personal favorite. Ah the memories.

Anyway, the bots themselves are amazing. I do have some questions:

1) When a bot dies, is it possible to leave the corpse as a world object for a possible Rez for just a period of 5 minutes or so?
Bots don't earn or lose exp, so don't need a rez. Just re-spawn them when they die

2) is it possible for the Bots to stand a few feet apart from each other? It is sometimes difficult to hand a Bot equipment.
This was tried, it kind of worked but resulted in a lot of hopping and wierdness so I abandoned it. You can /target bots and #bot summon them to you for equipment trades. Just use the guard command and then move back and target/summon them out of the group.

3) [Probably not possible] Can bots be set to persist through zone transition?
No

Vincire
04-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the information. I can live with the [very] minor drawbacks. It's been a blast putzing around my old stomping grounds in EQ. Even with Bots, it still has some of the same old feeling :) SAND GIANT!!

nosfentora
04-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Congdar,

I'm sure you considered this - and i haven't looked at the source....

At zone time, the active bot id's get written to a table. when the zone is finished they are spawned again from the table. maybe part c++ / part common quest script?

just a thought.....

Congdar
04-24-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm sure it could be figured out how to code it, but it just isn't really necessary when you can spawn an entire 12 group bot raid with one hotkey in about 20 seconds.

Manually create your raid, then do #bot saveraid

Now make a hotkey:
#bot spawnraid
/pause 20
#bot groupraid

nosfentora
04-24-2009, 04:43 PM
When you put it like that, i guess not =)

Zodl
05-26-2009, 03:14 AM
I'm having the same problem creating bots. I have not sourced these .sql files yet, so that's the problem. However I cannot find them, online or in my EQEmu directory. Could someone tell me where to find them? Thanks

Congdar
05-26-2009, 09:29 AM
if you've downloaded the source tree from the svn (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26376), they will be in \EQEmuServer\utils\sql\svn\