PDA

View Full Version : Guild Bank and buff duration not decreasing

Aergad
04-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Is there any word or even ideas how to get working the guild bank i have the guild hall instancing working on my server and the banker and guiild bankers are spawned but im open to ideas on the guild bank system also the buff durration not decreasing in the guild lobby and guild hall would be handy

Aergad
04-23-2009, 12:11 PM
wow no ideas on either of these? impressive

So_1337
04-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, did I miss where you contributed anything of note around here and people owed you something?

Aergad
04-23-2009, 12:45 PM
im sure most of the community would benefit from getting these working so how about owing the community shit that works hows that for a reason

Aergad
04-23-2009, 12:45 PM
of course this attitude is precisly WHY I dont post anything for you people and probably why most keep their stuff to themselves

BTW i did contribute something http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=27973 so blow me lol

Aergad
04-23-2009, 01:02 PM
please delete this thread one i will get it working myself and i wont be posting it now that i know the attitude of people i think ill be keeping my future stuff to myself thanks

demonstar55
04-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Most of the community revolves around PEQ's development (not to say other servers don't have a say etc), which is only on PoP-LoY, I'm sure once they move onto working on DoN these things will be implemented, if not sooner. And it was you that started with the attitude btw, I'm sure these systems won't be all that hard to implement, just a matter of people sitting down and doing it, but people are busy doing shit.

Aergad
04-23-2009, 02:10 PM
maybe if they spent more time making the stuff in one client work before moving onto another threads like this wouldnt even need to be started

and when did eqemulator become project eq's babysitter they are seperate and the emu shouldnt cater to any ONE Server reguardless of what the server does

circuitdragon79
04-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Well...you know the deal Aergad...you've enough posts to show you have been around the forums. PEQ is pretty much the biggest DB for us to use. The Emu itself means nothing without a DB, and likewise, DB nothing without the Emu. The code on the emulator means nothing if there is nothing in the DB that supports it. Just stating my thoughts, which don't amount to much. :)

Aergad
04-23-2009, 04:33 PM
the ax classic db works just fine i dont see the emu staff falling over themselves to make everything with that work... oh wait thats right peq admins RUN Eqemu now i forgot this isnt eqemu anymroe its peqemu

trevius
04-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Aergad, the next negative post I see from you anywhere on these forums is going to get you a permanent ban. Not that you haven't had dozens of accounts banned here already and still keep coming back and causing the same issues.

In case you didn't know, AX database is Angelox's Database and Angelox is a member of the developer team on these forums and has access to update the SVN himself! So, if you are concerned about issues with that database and it's compatibility, then you can't blame that on PEQ. Though, I am not aware of any issues with the AX database that are limitations of the server source code.

You started the drama in your own thread by practically demanding a reply as if it was your right to get one. Believe me that I have made plenty of threads that didn't get replies at all. You only waited like 8 hours before making your snide comment.

Not only that, but the entire EQEmu team (and most of the community) knows how much you constantly badmouth us, and you really expect us to snap to attention and help you out immediately?

The guild bank doesn't work because that is a whole system that would have to be coded from scratch for it to work. It would most likely require doing some structure and opcode work as well, which is no easy task for Titanium and probably wouldn't be all that easy on SoF either.

Speaking of SoF:
maybe if they spent more time making the stuff in one client work before moving onto another threads like this wouldnt even need to be started

That comment is so ignorant that I don't even know what you are expecting to gain by making it. Yes, the Titanium client could have more features finalized for it. But, just because the current official client isn't 100% finished doesn't mean we shouldn't move to a newer one. If we used your mindset on this issue, we would still be trying to get the 2001 version of EQ working 100% perfectly so we could finally upgrade to a newer client! If we are ever going to upgrade our client, now is the time to do it. SoF is almost certainly going to be the last retail release of EQ. This means it is the last legal version of EQ that we can point our members to getting. It includes all previous expansions which again makes it a perfect candidate. It adds 100+ new races, 80+ new zones, 250+ new weapon models, a ton more icons, new spells, more new features, and doesn't have many of the client limitations that Titanium has.

If we ever want to upgrade, we should do it sooner rather than later. The main reason for this is because we could then be fixing stuff on the new client, adding new features on the new client, and getting old features fully functional in the new client. In most cases, the fixes would probably be backwards compatible. But, we shouldn't have to do all of the work to get stuff going on an old client just to have to do it again for a new client. We should set a standard and use it.

Just because the team isn't doing whatever it is that you want them to do doesn't mean we aren't doing what we should be doing. Keep in mind that we all do this for free, so we work on what we want to work on and what we think deserves it. I made it my personal goal to help the emu in a big way and get a new client working and now it is almost fully complete (at least up to how complete Titanium is). Other devs like Derision and KLS have helped as well, but they have also been working on non-SoF at the same time. Either way, we don't need to justify what we work on to you.

and when did eqemulator become project eq's babysitter they are seperate and the emu shouldnt cater to any ONE Server reguardless of what the server does

The PEQ DB and AX DB are the most widely used databases for EQEmu. So, the source code is mostly focused around working with them. But, there has been no reasonable change turned down that I am aware of. There are plenty of things that go in that have nothing to do with PEQ, and anyone in the community is able to submit code to these forums and get it added to the source code. If you really want to get guild bankers working, then feel free to do it yourself and keep the code or submit it to us, I don't care. If you can't get someone to do what you want around here, then your only option is to do it yourself. But, don't complain about not getting your way, because we aren't going to be sympathetic.

Now, go ahead and make a snide remark so I can ban you for good. Then you can make another account, pretend to be a new identity and start the whole process over again, Cole :)

cavedude
04-23-2009, 06:25 PM
oh wait thats right peq admins RUN Eqemu now i forgot this isnt eqemu anymroe its peqemu

When the hell did I get shell access to EQEmu!?!?!? Always the last to know I guess. Seriously, though when the EQEmu LS goes down PEQ is just as screwed as any other server. Since I am the only active PEQ "admin" and I lack any sort of access to EQEmu other than forums and SVN I don't see how that makes the two projects one in the same...

trevius
04-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah, on IRC, a few of the haters started using the term "PEQEmu" as if that was a negative thing to say about the project. They really have nothing else bad that they can say about it and they want to discredit it. If anything, PEQ is one of the most established and respected servers of the entire project and they give more to the project than any other server. So, calling it PEQEmu shouldn't even have the negative effect that they seem to think it has lol. But even if it did, it is still a ridiculous comment from people stretching to find anything to complain about against the current team here. If that is the worst they got, then they might as well just stop talking lol.

There are multiple members of the development team that are not associated with PEQ (myself for one). Even if KLS or Cavedude are considered the heads of the project and both happen to originate from PEQ, so what? They are still more than willing to allow any reasonable changes to go into the source. There is nothing holding the team back from putting in anything we want as long as it is within the scope of the project and not counter-productive to other servers. And for that matter, the entire community is able to openly post code submissions and if they are good and reasonable, they will get put in.

They think that because KLS is taking over the ownership, and is affiliated with PEQ, that it means that PEQ will be taking everything over and forcing everyone to do things their way. Or, at least that is what they are trying to imply. That is obviously not the case. I can't think of anyone better to take resposibility of the project over than someone who is and has been involved in the project for so long and has other ties to it than just owning the box. These certain people claim that the ownership should be handled by someone who has no other ties to the project and does not run or affiliate with any server. I completely disagree, as having ties to a server are an extra incentive to stay involved and active. If someone is running it just to run it, chances are that they would get tired of doing it pretty quickly (as we have seen in the past). It is hard to keep going when you don't actually see anything from the work you are doing.

Of course the people who were saying this are people who want to take ownership of the project for themselves. They do not have their own servers and really have very limited involvement in the project at all. They also haven't even been around for about the last 5 years or so... That is now the type of person(s) I would want heading this project :P

demonstar55
04-23-2009, 07:55 PM
There are plenty of things that go in that have nothing to do with PEQ

Like the bots :)

If I knew the source code better I'd so be up for coding these in, but I'm lazy :P

KLS
04-23-2009, 08:17 PM
To be fair I was with the project far before I was with PEQ. I like PEQ because:

a) They're mostly nice people... mostly.
b) They have a large player base.
c) They have active members of the dev team.

Personally I don't see what the issue is, I converse as much with Trev now as with PEQ almost. If people have an issue they can talk to me about what they think I'm holding back for PEQ's sake.

I can't really think of anything that I have, and I could. I could have said, "Sorry guys but that really cool out of combat regen thing you just made? Yeah, sorry that can't go in cause it doesn't fit with PEQ progression". I didn't though. I also didn't stop Derision from fixing tributes or stop Trev from implementing the SoF client(heck I even helped).

I also don't always have a comment on things immediately, I'm sorry but sometimes I just don't have much to say /shrug.

circuitdragon79
04-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey, could I bring up my not getting my original account back because I never updated my email, and so never got the PW changed? Just teasing, that was clearly my big OOPS for not visiting the site. Never helped that my internet was down for over a year for lack of money. Kids need to eat, and well, I had to work. Anyhow...I can still use 2 of the LS accounts from my lost forum user :) so its not too bad...yet ;) At any rate, I have not once seen anyone on here...member, dev, admin, whoever, that was not reasonable first. And KLS? You're just too sweet. Don't ever change. :) C.D. is my hero, as are everyone tha helps with this project. And don't blame me, a little praise now and then helps. Smile and move on.

Lastly, I wouldn't post "off topic" if this was still a meaningful thread. Still, sorry to do so, just from forum rules.

trevius
04-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Personally I don't see what the issue is

That is because there isn't an issue :P

The lovely IRC folks (not all, but certain ones) are just trying to stir people up there by claiming conspiracy on any theory they can think of lol. I have some really funny logs from IRC the other day of Aergad being owned by doodman that shows a perfect example of how paranoid these people (not doodman) are. The crazy ideas and lies they come up with there are just way out of hand and I don't want to see that type of activity here at all.

I am almost to the point where I want to put a banana in my ear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFCSXr6qnv4

KLS
04-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah I mean honestly if anyone has any problem with how things work: patches welcome, bitching not.

ensomnia83
04-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Demanding attention, much less free work, is out of line.

This is the "feature request" section, not the, "do it now . . . why hasnt anyone responded? . . . they must hate me! . . . /cry /cry " forum.

In your 130+ posts you should be well aware by now that this forum is about sharing ideas to make the hobby we all enjoy better. If you EXPECT something out of this forum, or the VOLUNTEER contributors, you are in the wrong place.

So_1337
04-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Exactally.

=)

Aergad
04-28-2009, 02:02 PM
actually if any of you bothered to actually be literate and READ the original post i asked for ideas of where to START / how to make them work didnt ask anyone to do it for me

Is there any word or even ideas how to get working the guild bank i have the guild hall instancing working on my server and the banker and guiild bankers are spawned but im open to ideas on the guild bank system also the buff durration not decreasing in the guild lobby and guild hall would be handy

Amazing what actually READING A post does all you people spouting off about something that isnt even IN my post did was make yourselves look kinda dumb

Cripp
04-28-2009, 02:07 PM
ya but you posted in feature requests..

Aergad
04-28-2009, 02:24 PM
dont see an ideas requests forum lol

ensomnia83
04-28-2009, 02:48 PM
And following your original post with sarcastic comments about how no one has responded made you look great . . .

Aergad
04-28-2009, 03:01 PM
they werent meant to lol however it really helps to actually READ someones post if you are going to reply and mouth off in the thread

Cripp: Locked this ridiculous thread. thx. bye.