PDA

View Full Version : Pacify and Lull

KingMort
05-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Need a NPCSPECIALATTK code for un-lullable and un-pacifyable mobs..

King

MNWatchdog
05-07-2009, 05:25 AM
I believe MR immune mobs might not be pacifiable.

Give it a try, inquiring minds wanna know.

Although a special for it would probably be good anyways *IF* used conservatively.

An example of using a specials rediculously would be on Zeb where nothing can be slowed or mezzed or charmed,thus completely making enchanters pointless and boning BLs, Shaman, Necros and any other class that has a slow.

At least Enchanter got a awesome pet on Zeb.

trevius
05-07-2009, 05:56 AM
This might not be a bad special attack code to have, but it probably wouldn't need to be used often. If you want to make sure that mobs always share aggro in certain cases, it is very easy to just pass aggro to them via a script.

And in Zeb's defense, they were set like that back when fear was causing perma-stun, essentially making everything extremely trivial if it could be feared. From what I recall, Jibba said that fear was grouped with mez/slow/etc, so it was basically all or nothing. I haven't checked the old revisions to see if that is true or not, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was. I think he just didn't want to have to rebalance all of the content on his server to correct it after fear was fixed and the special attacks where divided up.

KingMort
05-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Well... I would use it often... I don't want my see invis mobs to be pacified.. I don't want to take up their MR or make them immune to magic either..

I need these functions

Dibalamin
05-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Instead of immune to pacify, push their MR up to compensate and then edit the spell line to make it more resistable. That way with Tash/Malo the mob can still be slowed but you take your life in your hands casting harmony/lull.

Anyone try giving it a charisma check and just jacking it up?

KingMort
05-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Their high level pacify is un-resistable :)

Dunno if I want to edit it they would yell at me for nerfing ! hehe

Would rather just be able to pick which ones I want for this feature..

Like on live, I am a bard and I also have one that lands on everything but the ones they designated to be non pacifyable <---however you spell that

Dibalamin
05-07-2009, 05:34 PM
I suppose this is grammatically uncharted waters.

Gonna try the charisma thing for us & see what happens.

Kayen
05-07-2009, 07:29 PM
sub EVENT_CAST_ON {

if ($combat_state == 0) {
$npc->BuffFadeAll();
}

Why not use a code like this on mobs you don't want pacified.

Basically it will just debuff any mob who is cast on and not in combat.

Should work. I'd guess.

Kayen
GM Stormhaven

KingMort
05-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Nice one , will give that a shot..

You rock !

King

MNWatchdog
05-08-2009, 12:15 AM
sub EVENT_CAST_ON {

if ($combat_state == 0) {
$npc->BuffFadeAll();
}

Why not use a code like this on mobs you don't want pacified.

Basically it will just debuff any mob who is cast on and not in combat.

Should work. I'd guess.

Kayen
GM StormhavenGood idea.

But always being one to worry about needless use of CPU resources, won't this make mobs using this script to constantly have to be serviced where as just making it a special only takes CPU when someone actually casts a spell?

KingMort
05-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Hmm the Quest didn't seem to work at least from me casting #cast... Maybe I have to be a player that does it ??

King

Secrets
05-08-2009, 05:50 AM
Hmm the Quest didn't seem to work at least from me casting #cast... Maybe I have to be a player that does it ??

King

I believe so.

covou
05-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Good idea.

But always being one to worry about needless use of CPU resources, won't this make mobs using this script to constantly have to be serviced where as just making it a special only takes CPU when someone actually casts a spell?

being a sub EVENT_CAST_ON, this script is only called when the mobs is cast on also. so it shoudlnt consume any more, if any at all. CPU resources

ChaosSlayerZ
05-14-2009, 12:45 AM
people, you should realise that if Pacify Immune flag is requested- there are good grounds for it.(and i totaly support it) We can find dozen works arounds, yet all of them will have unwanted sideffect. So why don't we just implement the darn lull immune flag and be done with it =)

trevius
05-14-2009, 03:57 AM
people, you should realise that if Pacify Immune flag is requested- there are good grounds for it.(and i totaly support it) We can find dozen works arounds, yet all of them will have unwanted sideffect. So why don't we just implement the darn lull immune flag and be done with it =)

Anyone is free to write up the code for it :) Probably shouldn't be too hard, but it is at about as far down on my priority list as you can get atm lol.