PDA

View Full Version : Bot question

jyaku
05-14-2009, 12:37 PM
I have a question reguarding the bot system. i notice warrior bots say that they are taunting but it never works. what could be the problem or what can i add to fix it?

Congdar
05-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Taunt for the bots work best if you set the rule Aggro:SmartAggroList to false.

So_1337
05-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the pointer. I've been running a private server just for the sake of writing up some of the elemental planes scripting that PEQ has been doing, and I've played around with the bots in my spare time. I absolutely love the system; you've done some amazing work with it. Bravo!

Any other rule values that you would recommend tweaking?

Congdar
05-15-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm glad you're enjoying the bots. I've put a lot of work into making them what they are now. The only rules I think that a bot enabled server would need are these:

0, 'EQOffline:BotQuest', 'true'
0, 'EQOffline:CreateBotCount', '150'
0, 'EQOffline:SpawnBotCount', '71'
0, 'Aggro:SmartAggroList', 'false'

The BotQuest rule I recommend for the quest with the Aediles Thrall npc to control the early use of bots so a player can't run around with a full raid at level 1 and own everything.

The CreateBotCount is a good number to have for somebody with bots. This way the player can create enough bots to mix and match until they come up with the perfect raid force they need without being limited to picking the exact bot line-up for their raid.

The SpawnBotCount is set to 71 because that's the maximum 12 groups allowed in a raid. Both CreateBotCount and SpawnBotCount can be changed to whatever you want for your server. I've found that sometimes you only need your group (you + 5 bots) and maybe a second group (6 bots) to do most of the available content. Certainly Aten Ha Ra can't be done this way but most regular content doesn't need a full raid of 71 bots.

I'm not sure why the bots aren't smart enough to use the SmartAggroList with taunt but it seems to work better with it set to false.

So_1337
05-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Perfect, thank you.