PDA

View Full Version : Spells Disappear From Book

djeryv
05-15-2009, 07:39 PM
I have spells disappearing from my spell book when I zone. I can still cast them, but they are not visible in the book.

I am running PEQ 12 and EQEMU 497

-Djeryv

vales
05-15-2009, 08:25 PM
This is the SoF client, right?

djeryv
05-16-2009, 05:32 AM
Sorry...yes. I made a new character and got up to level 3. When I looked in my spell book, my 2 newbie spells were gone (but I could still cast them). I put 4 new spells in the book and zoned. When I appeared, only 2 spells were in my book but I could still cast the missing ones.

-Djeryv

trevius
05-16-2009, 06:21 AM
You have to use the same spell file as the server. If the server is using the Titanium spell file, then you have to use version of that file. The Titanium spell file straight from the Titanium install won't work because it doesn't have enough fields. But, using the server can generate one that should work for you by using the perl import/export spell file stuff. It depends on which server you are playing on if this is an option to you atm or not. If it is your own server, then you have control to create the proper file you need for it, or update the database with the SoF spell file instead of using the Titanium one.

djeryv
05-16-2009, 07:16 AM
Ok...right now I am using the SOF spell files on the server...and only SOF clients. What else do I need to do/try? I did not mess with the spells_new table at all...yet.

-Djeryv

djeryv
05-16-2009, 01:12 PM
OK...I have SoF client, SoF SPELLS_US.TXT for client, SoF SPELLS_US.TXT on the server. I still get spells disappearing on me in my spellbook.

-Djeryv

Krugus
06-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Having the same issue.

Was not happening with the Titanium Client.

Switched to the SoF client a few weeks ago.

deleted old Titanium Spell txt files (both US and EN )
moved the SoF client spell txt files over to server (both US and EN)

Am I correct that the Spell_New table is really not used? We only need the Spell txt files (both US and EN) listed in our server directory... in my case its E:\EQEmu

Using Rev 636 from Trunk.

Really didn't notice this until today (been busy adjusting merchants, mob pathing, making quests, etc etc... everything but actually trying to play the game) It was pointed out to me by a friend who logged in with a fresh install of the SoF client.

Tested it out by making a shaman and then a druid. Both cases, would scribe the two starter spells then if I would zone, I would lose a spell. Not always the same one.

Will go back and re download the latest Rev from trunk to see if I screwed up the compile somehow (With me I wouldn't be too surprised :) )

trevius
06-08-2009, 03:27 AM
I think this is probably due to the player profile that we save not having the same number of spell slots as SoF actually has, so it causes some issues. I will see if our player profile has enough room to add in the rest of the spells and if so, I will increase the number and put it on the SVN. I think that should correct the problem. If not, it might be that the spells in the precompiled binaries are set to use the spells_new table, but I doubt it. Though, you could always try running the import.pl on your SoF spell file so you can import that into the spells_new table.

trevius
06-08-2009, 06:54 AM
I was right that it was an issue with the player profile, but it was different than what I thought it was. The problem was just with the positioning of the spell book in the SoF player profile structure. Once I got it moved to the right place, it fixed the issue completely. Apparently, people would have been seeing the first 2 spell slots always disappearing, since those 2 weren't able to show up in the book due to how the profile was being loaded. At least it was a pretty easy fix once I watched it happen a few times.

I also increased the size of the spell book in the main player profile so we can store up to 480 spells, which is the max for SoF and fits into the current PP just fine.

Krugus
06-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks Trevius.

Working great now :)

Brightstrider
07-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Hello,

Can someone send me a link to the upgrade for SoF server to download? I need this spell problem corrected as well.

Thanks,

Brightstrider

trevius
07-08-2009, 06:10 AM
If you haven't found it already, the binaries and source code are found here:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/