PDA

View Full Version : Need a program making program

Hardy
08-11-2002, 11:28 AM
Yep, thats what I need, a program making program. One thats free and easy to use, if not free then very cheap. This is what I want to do with it: Make a website into a program, that way people don't have to go online to get onto a site, they can just download that and have it, also update the program as stuff changes.

I was looking into visual basic, but unless someone has a free download for me, I don't have enough to buy it :( I have also looked into Q-Basic, but it just didn't feel right. I don't know much programming, so I just need one that don't require much of that :p

Thanks!

Hardy
08-11-2002, 12:24 PM
okey, i am getting visual basic 6 from kazaa, if anyone else has something better, please let me know, thanks! :D

DeletedUser
08-11-2002, 12:47 PM
Visual Basic would be a good idea for a program like that.
It's really easy todo :D

Updates as stuff changes just make it so it loads the website.. A mini explorer that autoloads onto your website.. as you upload/change the look of the website or add stuff it'll change because it just loads the website.

If your new to programming and don't really care about learning:
http://www.planetsourcecode.com

PSC has got some pretty cool stuff to mess around with a program and its handy if something is bugging you that you can't figure out.

As for Visual Basic downloads, you could waste 16 hours of downloading on kazaa or you could look at some ftp lists. I'll look for some and PM them to you.

-Darkyth

DeletedUser
08-11-2002, 12:49 PM
Oh yeah.. if you are going to use a geocities site.. i'd use an angelfire get a cjb.net redirect and get popup stopper code.. before I got space from a friend I used it and it worked good :p

And your paying 15 dollars for an eq site (cough cough)
www.onedollarhosting.com

... or I could give some space popup free :rolleyes:

-Darkyth

Hardy
08-11-2002, 01:14 PM
hehe, no no, i will be going with crosswinds, unlimited webspace and for only $5 a month and i get no popups. My site was eqrealm.net, but i closed it down cause I am broke, so my new site will be eqspace.crosswinds.com. It took me 15min to download visual basic from kazaa (70mb) and it didn't work, argg!! Any help with that is appreciated, I only have 800mb free on hard drive, so I don't want the .net ones that take up 2gigs, thanks :D

Oh, and btw, with crossinds, you get unlimited webspace for free, but you have to have popups unless u pay the $5/month ;) I seen on the onedollarhosting you only get 20mb, hehe, well my site will be hosting over 4,000 images which is my beastiary i am currently working on :) Currently have 604 images, but I am not even close to being complete on my beastiary :p

Hardy
08-11-2002, 02:52 PM
okey, crosswinds is being all screwy!!! I need at LEAST 250mb of webspace, if you know of any free or very cheap place with that much, please let me know!

DeletedUser
08-11-2002, 09:04 PM
I could host your images.. you don't want me uploading them though it'd take 1000 years with Verizons lovely 20k upstream.

Hardy
08-12-2002, 04:05 AM
sending you a PM, hehe