PDA

View Full Version : Creating Logs

Zodl
06-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I have just changed my client over to SoF, and I am encountering errors. Most of SoF seems to be in working order, but the new Icons/Items are not recognized for some reason, and during Character Creation/Login my Emulator goes nuts (It doesn't actually crash, but my PC's on-box speaker starts spamming the "Bleep" sound of protest.) The error starts with something along the lines of:

Unable to convert EQ opcode 0x43ba to an Application opcode.
[World_Client_Err] "AccountName":Recieved unknown EQAplicationPacket
and then lines of [World_Client_Err] in hexadecimal values.

I don't know how to setup/create/post a server log, could someone instruct me on how to do so so I could get the full log and hopefully troubleshoot all of this? --Unless I've given enough information to solve the problem as is.

Other stats:
Build v628 With Bots, database & quests. Using MiniLogin 6.2

Thanks

trevius
06-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Here is some info about the log.ini file which is used to set what you want to log or not:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ServerLogSys

I don't see a full example of the file there, but I think there is one somewhere around here.

As far as the errors you listed so far:

0x43ba is just an opcode that we don't need for EQEmu, so we just ignore it. No need to worry about that error.

Your "AccountName" error might be related to how you have your account setup and minilogin setup. I don't really know a ton about that.

The last error is probably related to the "AccountName" error, but again, I am not too certain.

Sounds to me like you might just have your minilogin setup incorrectly, but if so, you probably wouldn't be able to get to char select and definitely not in game.

SoF has no trouble displaying the new weapon models and icons as long as you are using a legal fresh installation of SoF directly from the CDs with no patching at all.