PDA

View Full Version : Proposition for More Races on Faction table to allow more Illusion mods

ChaosSlayerZ
06-09-2009, 07:51 PM
I propose to add MORE races to the faction table in DB, so player casted illusions of those race can be modify to carry a faction effect.

Idialy woudl be perfect if Faction table would be remade in such way that any DB admin could add any and unlimited number of posible races to be affected by the factions, but if thta is not posible perhaps devs would consider at least adding a few more races to the general table.

I sugest look at common all zone models, including some of the newer global models:

43 - Bear (has been around since day 1 of eq as shaman form, yet never got a faction modifier)
46 - imp (same as above)
63 - tiger
82 - scarecrow
89 - old drake(hey if you can add new drake while at it- I am all for it :cool: )
91- crocodile
433 - DoN goblin
436 - DoN basilisk
454 - new Werewolf (old global werewolf is REALy obsolite :cool: )
455 - new kobolt
456 - mushroom man
458 - new orc
464 - new gargoyle
469 - new evil eye
471 - new zombie (simply MUSt have as alternative to sceleton)
473 - new fairy (well :cool: )

Personaly I would add a dozen more races to the list, but these listed above are globals which means they can work for any server even wihout custom zone model files

Also, while at it: for longest times in DB the races for Wolf and Sceleton are wrong - the race listed for ghost wolf and previous sceleton version yet they affect curent ones. The problem is that when in game you directly alter your race, makign yourself into "new sceleton" does not alter faction (you have to turn yourself into previous "frozen" sceleton model) , while turning yourself into new sceleton via actual spell does, which creates an annoying inconsistancy, where #race ID does not match the effect for illusion of the same race for these 2.

cavedude
06-09-2009, 07:58 PM
I agree with this, and I know KLS does too. The table needs to be changed so it isn't so static. That would require code changes, though more than just adding support for the new columns.

ChaosSlayerZ
06-09-2009, 08:06 PM
That awesome to hear Cavedude :cool:

Consider this:

I talked to my friend who is an sql coder, and he looked at the table, and sugested a diffirent way of implementing it.
essentialy he offers to scrap the curent table and replace it with a following simpler structure.

rather than go:
Race1 race2 race 3
Faction 1 +5 +5 +7
Faction 2 +15 +25 +7

etc

he proposes to go like this:

Faction column - Race coulm
(ID of faction 1) - (ID of race/deyty/class 1)
(ID of faction 1) - (ID of race/deyty/class 2)
(ID of faction 1) - (ID of race/deyty/class 3)
(ID of faction 2) - (ID of race/deyty/class 1)
(ID of faction 2) - (ID of race/deyty/class 2)
(ID of faction 2) - (ID of race/deyty/class 3)

this will automaticly allow addition of ANy ammount of extra races
AND it will save Db space since in MANy cases faction relation to any class, or race is ZERO (0), and all thode zeros are still stored. (just think of TONS of KOS npc faction who never change faction regadless of your race, class or deyty, yet you still store 0 for them)

By switching to new system - you won't need to store any 0s. you will ONLY put in values that carry faction modifier (negative or positive)

and as far as I can tell faction table is 80% zeros

pfyon
06-09-2009, 08:37 PM
I think that the tables are like that because they're old, and no one's bothered to fix them up since it would require somewhat of an overhaul of code and tables.

I agree, the current design for many of the tables isn't great.

Expletus
09-28-2011, 06:50 PM
*bump*

Has any progress been made towards this? This would be awesome and open up a whole theme park of quests :-D