PDA

View Full Version : Expanding Exp Mods

blackdragonsdg
06-13-2009, 11:28 PM
It would be really nice if there were additional rules in place to allow for increasing exp modifiers based upon a level range instead of just a generalized rule. As we all know the amount of exp that is needed can vary wildly in certain level ranges then normalize again. The hell levels between 45 -59 are a prime example of that. A 1.5x mod at level 40 maybe be sufficient for a modifier but at 51 it won't even be noticable and at 59 the mod makes no difference. Then at 60 it takes a big plunge into the easy leveling category and at 61 it normalizes again. That type of shift in the exp curve makes a generalized exp mod good for some levels but bad for others.

So what I was thinking was this create rules for say levels 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40 and so fourth so that the exp mods can be more precisely controlled according to level.

ChaosSlayerZ
06-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Personaly I havent thought about it this way.
My solution was to spread zones into 5 level tiers, and assign idividual XP modifiers to them.. Thought in my case they would be NEGATIVE :D Since I belive players level up way to quickly =)

But I did had somewhat related idea to introduce XP caps on zones. For example: Lower Guk will have a max XP cap of 50 - which means once you hit 50 - you WILL NOT get anymore XP in this zone regadless what you kill. This will allow to on one hand boost (or lower) XP bonus for specific zone, but on other hand once players go beyond intended level - they will not be able to keep staying here and rip good XP chain killing mobs weaker than them.
Thought my original intention was to use to kick players out of the zone past certain level, so they ALWAYS forced to fight mobs close to their own level to get any Xp at all.

You can read my entire proposal here. Still trying to get devs to implement it :cool: (hey it was even approved by KLS!!!! )

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24648

blackdragonsdg
06-14-2009, 12:27 AM
How about combining the ideas by tightening the level ranges for which you can gain exp. Change the blue con range from say -5 to -3 and the light blue range from -10 to -6 and use the exp mod rules to cause the player take a exp penalty of say 50% for killing light blue cons and maybe 20% for killing dark blue cons. This would help promote the idea to move along to harder zones as well as give the possibility of positive exp mods if desired. Hell for that matter make the con system into rules as well.

Just my 2cp.

ChaosSlayerZ
06-14-2009, 01:25 AM
As a matter of fact I have proposed same thing. Unfortunately its the CLIENT which assignes the color coding to the targets. I was told by the devs, that while its the server which gives XP, even if we set the server to give Xp for the mob levels diffirent that default, the client will stil show you the color coding what client thinks it should be, effectivly confusing the players. Players not gona like the fact that one mob would con Dark Blue and not give Xp while the other one will - there will be no way for them to tell the mobs appart

blackdragonsdg
06-14-2009, 01:50 AM
Hrmm, didn't know that. That stuff being client side certainly squashes that idea.