PDA

View Full Version : Bot owner query

Capheus
06-15-2009, 02:03 AM
On rare occations my players are telling me they can't summon their bots cause they are in zone "x" and their bots are in zone "y" When they goto zone "y" they can't find, summon or target them. Looging off doesn't help if there are other people in the zone. I can easly cure this problem with a #dbspawn but not always on. I would like to setup an NPC with a script to spawn them for them. The problem I face right now is anyone can then summon anyone else's bot and cause theirs to despawn. Is there anyway to extract the bot owner's id in a script or could one be created such as:

$npc->GetBotOwnerIDByNPCTypeID(npc_typeid)

Congdar
06-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Depending on which version of the emu you are running, camping out does fix this.

Congdar
06-15-2009, 09:28 PM
well, i guess not completely. if you camp out you can spawn them in a different zone than where they are already spawned... but if you try and spawn them in a zone they are already in then you can't spawn them again, but can add them to your group and summon them and then zone out to get rid of them.

guess not all permutations work... thought I had them all figure out. will try to fix this one too.