PDA

View Full Version : feedback on Forever-Hacking Database

Lurker_005
08-28-2002, 10:18 AM
OK, since were testing a new database on Forever-Hacking I wanted to get feedback on the DB. Once I am reasonably sure there aren't any major problems I'll release the DB, till then log on to Forever-Hacking.

This post will turn into a FAQ of sorts as I get responses...

Basic info:
Started with the basic 3.5 DB
Started with factions, and tradeskills from Drawde's DB
-items:
Added items from packetcollector (post eqemu 3.4, the item data changed)
Added items converted from http://eqcollector.com/ (hackersquest data)
added items converted from pre eqemu 3.4 DB
added items created from collected magelo web info
-spawns, loot, factions, merchants:
all spawns loot faction and merchant inventory are converted from HQ data, see above.

Known problems:
-items:
the items made fom magelo may have wrong visual, and armor all show up as... think it is the cloth textures. Weapon visuals were set based on the icon, and I havn't done somethig similar with the armor yet.
-Spawns:
Some spawn points have several (or many) of the same mob spawned. This is a problem with the colected data that HQ has.
Only some mobs have loot, this is a lack of collected data. I did put coin loot based on level for all mobs that didn't have anything else though.

Now comments/problems/suggestions?

comments?
a> Reply...

morpheus014
08-28-2002, 11:09 AM
Lurker-

Wouldy you email me the data that you have collected and I will test it in my free time and help to work out the bugs, my email is morpheus014@hotmail.com

morpheus014
08-30-2002, 02:22 PM
So when are u hoping to release the DB by? any projected date at the moment?

Shawn319
08-30-2002, 07:25 PM
i'd love to see this DB :) maybe we can get it added into the next EQEmu release as long as its a single addon.sql file (size doesnt matter)..

Can you upload it somewhere and PM me the link?

Lurker_005
08-31-2002, 07:04 AM
will do, I have to take care of a couple thing I did find, and get it all cleaned up. With zoning fixed, I'll get right on it.

Trumpcard
08-31-2002, 08:49 AM
Lurker, just logged onto your test machine not long ago and I have to take my hat off to you, things are looking great! You've done a killer job..

And to the dev team, from what ive been able to see, the emulator is looking great again.. It seems 500% more stable than Ive seen it in a long time, and things really seem to be coming back together..

Shawn319
08-31-2002, 11:01 AM
-Spawns:
Some spawn points have several (or many) of the same mob spawned. This is a problem with the colected data that HQ has.
Only some mobs have loot, this is a lack of collected data.

Now comments/problems/suggestions?

Maybe there is just duplicate entries causing the more than 1 spawn in same spot. For example, if you have a mob from an old spawn DB, then added HQ's stuff which may be off a tiny bit (throwing the duplicate detector off)?

Another thing, all mobs re-spawn instantly after thay die. Is there any way you can make it a global respawn time of... 3-5 minutes? thats a LITTLE better than insta pop hehe..

Lurker_005
09-02-2002, 07:30 AM
FH has a new Database, my first post has been updated to match.

Some kind of loot should be on all mobs, item or coin.
Respawn times should be better, no insta spawns, and the times HQ data had should be closer to what they should be. Some were just WAY to long.
All zones should have spawns, and all but sseru and griegsend should be working. Those 2 cause the client to crash, I'm looking into it.

curtdept
09-02-2002, 05:30 PM
Monster itemizations :)

astemus
09-04-2002, 10:14 AM
I like how FH is coming along. As soon as the db gets finalized, you guys should work on getting quests in, maybe like Eros used to be... I especially liked being lvl 20 and having no equipment and having to do that quest to get itemsummon... Those were some fun times... I was upset when eros went down... I was all set to be the first lvl 60! eh well, some day eqemu'll be just as good as eq live. Until then, keep up the good work, whoever's working on the db for fh.

fwiggles
09-08-2002, 11:02 AM
i think it already is better =)

corun
09-18-2002, 10:27 AM
>> i think it already is better

You did'nt eventually log into a VI live server by accident fwiggles??? And thought its EQemu... :p