PDA

View Full Version : New to EQOffline and wanting to play

juciodra
07-11-2009, 05:56 AM
I played Everquest Online from release in 1999 up to about 2005 when I lost interest. I would love to recapture some of the early game (first 3 expansions) in an offline setting, is this possible? Reading through pages of posts here I don't see how I can just play alone? Basically I just want to make a character and explore the world/play through the basic game.

I swear, Sony could make a killing if they would release the first several expansions as an offline edition... Oh well....

Any help on how to set this up? (I have ALL the original install discs up to Planes of Power.)

Congdar
07-11-2009, 02:22 PM
The easiest way to get playing is to install Titanium from discs (no internet downloads) make the modifications to the start links and eqhosts.txt file and connect to a server that has the eqoffline bots. My server has them. You don't actually have to be offline, but if you want to do it all alone on your system it is a bit more involved. Mysql, Perl, downloading the Database, downloading all the quest files and making it all work with the minilogin setup. Which way do you think you want to do it?

By the way, this eqoffline identifier is associated with the bot system that lets you add members to your group that are not real players, but AI controlled 'bots' that you command. If you don't neccessarily want to use the eqoffline bots, you can still connect to one of many servers that have people to group with. The current state of the game content is up to most of Planes of Power with LDoN currently being worked on.

Unfortunately your discs will not work as support is only for the boxed Titanium edition of Everquest and the Secrets of Faydwer boxed edition is gaining support as well.

Read this for more information: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EQEmuFAQ