PDA

View Full Version : All Spells landing on Low levels??

KingMort
07-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Ok so , it seems right now there are no Min spell requirments for target...

For instance Conviction .. ( a cleric hp buff ) will not land on a level 15 on live, they have to ask for Temperance...

But in Eqemu it lands fine ?? or am I dreaming.. Is this something not put in yet??

Seems a bit odd that it's not if so.. Please let me know

King
www.raidaddicts.org

Secrets
07-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Not implemented here yet.

Dantes
07-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Ok so , it seems right now there are no Min spell requirments for target...

For instance Conviction .. ( a cleric hp buff ) will not land on a level 15 on live, they have to ask for Temperance...

But in Eqemu it lands fine ?? or am I dreaming.. Is this something not put in yet??

Seems a bit odd that it's not if so.. Please let me know

King
www.raidaddicts.org
At what point/expansion was the functionality added to live? I never remember there being a limit on the level of the TARGET for a heal.

Secrets
07-25-2009, 03:36 PM
At what point/expansion was the functionality added to live? I never remember there being a limit on the level of the TARGET for a heal.

Temperance is not a heal, neither is Conviction.

They are HP buffs, and this functionality was added to live after PoP.

Dantes
07-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Temperance is not a heal, neither is Conviction.

They are HP buffs, and this functionality was added to live after PoP.
Ahh, I apologize for being ill-informed. And thank you for clearing up when it was active on live. Sounds like this was an attempt to quell power-leveling.

AndMetal
07-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Do we know how the minimum level is determined? I thought it was based on the spell's level, but I can't remember off the top of my head what the range would be.

pfyon
07-25-2009, 05:42 PM
I seem to remember lvl 46 as the cutoff for level 61+ spells (plane level req).

Dibalamin
07-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Aegolism (all forms) was 60 and level restricted as well. Min level was 46.

AndMetal
07-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Aegolism (all forms) was 60 and level restricted as well. Min level was 46.

I'm wanting to say all spells 60+ are limited to 46+, but I'm not sure if this is correct. I remember having to use Harnessing of Spirit (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=2525) instead of Focus of Spirit (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=1432) as a Shaman when power leveling, unless I used the group version (Khura's Focusing (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=2530)) while targeting myself or someone else higher level. Based on my recollections, that would mean that we would limit any spell that's 60+ for the casting class based on the target.

Can anyone confirm if I'm remembering this correctly?

KingMort
07-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah it was around POP when they started to restrict spell levels which makes sense now as to why it hasn't been done since the PEQ team isn't up to POP yet or are they ??

Anyway it would be great to see this put in...

For now we have done this to at least nerf one set of spells our damage shield nerfs..

This coder wishes to remain anon due to the fact its a fairly large nerf and he doesn't want the player base mad at him.. (Sorry guys no more 650 point Damage Shields at level 1)

Index: attack.cpp
================================================== =================
--- attack.cpp (revision 752)
+++ attack.cpp (working copy)
@@ -3126,6 +3126,8 @@
DS = ((DS * dsMod) / 100);
}
DS -= itembonuses.DamageShield; //+Damage Shield should only work when you already have a DS spell
+ if (this->GetLevel() < 80 && -DS > this->GetLevel() * 5)
+ DS = -(this->GetLevel() * 5);
attacker->Damage(this, -DS, spellid, ABJURE/*hackish*/, false);
//we can assume there is a spell now
EQApplicationPacket* outapp = new EQApplicationPacket(OP_Damage, sizeof(CombatDamage_Struct));

I have it set as 5 on my server but originally it was set at 12.. which would give a player a DS of 480 (which I had to tone down even more so I set it to 5)