PDA

View Full Version : Spell Question..

Serryon123
08-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Hello everyone Im still learning some things here with my server, I have a few scripted bosses in my leveling zones n what not nothing major but now im working on a raid zone and level 70-80 progression I cant seem to get spells working. So heres the thing.

I found this thing called Spell Encyclopedia i downloaded and its got the spell editor Ailia's Edition, pretty simple to use i can copy a spell rename it change everything I want about the spell I got that part down. But how do i actually put the spell into my database using Navicat? thats whats getting me. I know once i get my spells done I have my players download a spell file, just cant seem to actually insert the spells into my database once I create them using Ailia's Edition spell editor.

Thanks in advance for ANY help this has been frustrating me for at least 2 weeks, and preventing me from getting work done on my server.

GeorgeS
08-03-2009, 09:46 PM
the spell editor does not import into the db. You need the official perl importer or the spell loader off my site.

My best way to edit is to edit via the database, make changes, then export the table out. Same tools as above for that.

Don't make new spells, when you already have 1000's to modify

GeorgeS

Serryon123
08-04-2009, 01:06 AM
The thing is I need to create new spells for my db because I need custom 70-80 spells.. I only have spells up to 70 in my database.

Serryon123
08-04-2009, 01:14 AM
ive figured out how to actually edit my already made spells, but ether flame for example wizard spell, costs 1550 mana, i made it cost 550, and in game it still shows the live mana/dmg it does instead of what i made, HOWEVER it does do the custom dmg and uses the custom mana cost, seems like a display bug or some sort?

pfyon
08-04-2009, 11:22 AM
ive figured out how to actually edit my already made spells, but ether flame for example wizard spell, costs 1550 mana, i made it cost 550, and in game it still shows the live mana/dmg it does instead of what i made, HOWEVER it does do the custom dmg and uses the custom mana cost, seems like a display bug or some sort?

You probably have to change the spdat file for the client for it to show up properly in game.

Pallos
09-24-2009, 02:24 PM
sorry man, no spdat fle, do you mean spells_us.txt

pfyon
09-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Err yeah, spells_en and spells_us I meant. I'm not sure which they use, so I'd probably change both.

ChaosSlayerZ
09-24-2009, 03:17 PM
spells_us , and it must be changed on both ends- server and client