PDA

View Full Version : Spell Graphic Error?

Serryon123
08-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Hello Ive recently made a few custom level 70 spells for my server and finally got them implemented into my db and spell file, however when i cast the spell in game it doesnt make any sounds and has no graphic, I also cant teach the spell to say a wizard for example when i scribespell 70 even tho i made it a 70 wizard usable spell. Any Ideas on whats wrong?

Thanks, Steve.

trevius
08-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Hello Ive recently made a few custom level 70 spells for my server and finally got them implemented into my db and spell file, however when i cast the spell in game it doesn't make any sounds and has no graphic, I also cant teach the spell to say a wizard for example when i scribespell 70 even tho i made it a 70 wizard usable spell. Any Ideas on whats wrong?

When certain fields of the spell file are adjusted, you need to make sure that the clients on your server all use the same spell file that matches your database. If you use scribespells and your database is set to give spells to classes that don't normally get them, if the client isn't using a matching spell file, they will see those spells scribed as "unknown spell". Just use the spell export script to export your database into a matching spell file for use with the client. Then, just copy that new spell file into your Everquest folder and exit EQ completely and restart it for the changes to take effect.

Serryon123
08-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Thx Trev im going to try that. U seem to know ur stuff ty vm :)

Serryon123
08-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Just use the spell export script to export your database into a matching spell file for use with the client.

what exactly is that sir? Im still learning heh...

Serryon123
08-06-2009, 06:40 PM
still cant seem to figure this out.

trevius
08-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Maybe this thread will help a bit:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28637

GeorgeS has a new tool on his website (linked in his sig) that you can try for doing the import/exports if you want.

Serryon123
08-06-2009, 07:30 PM
i have the tool, but its just an importer, unless theres an exporter i didnt see? ty for the link to gonna check that out.