PDA

View Full Version : BUG: Bot form/illusion

Taurinus
08-06-2009, 06:05 PM
If a druid/enchanter/shaman/ranger bot is in an illusion/form you can no longer give them items because it will be rejected for not being for their (current) race.

Also there is a bug that affects at least the druids. If you ask them for sow 2 times while they are in wolf form, they explode in size.

Just a heads up and keep up the good work.

Taurinus
08-08-2009, 01:36 AM
As of Rev899:

(Bugs)
++Bots cannot do melee attacks anymore. They can special attack, though.
++My character is level 39, and the enchanter bot has a level 60 pet and the shaman has a level 63 pet (confirmed w/ #npcstats).
++Certain bots when #bot groupraid'd now show a negative % HP. (with a completely depleted health bar)
++Other bots, when newly spawned, lose nearly all hp upon being buffed.
++Bots spawn with prior buffed illusion, triggering the race/classed allowed code. This is related to no longer being able to give them items.
++#bot delete throws a database error.
++bot pets now summon mobs into the nearest wall if given the chance.
++bot pets now seem to *poof* mobs at a rate nearing %50.

WildcardX
08-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Yeah looks like r899 was a bad revision for BOTS. I am still studying the diff to see where i went wrong with my thinking. I am debugging and studying now so I hope to have a new patch up soon.

shanekukacka
08-08-2009, 01:24 PM
I am noticeing alot things not working well with the latest change to Bots .. if you need any help with anything to try to fix them I'll do what I can Wildcard ... seeing as I play on my best friends public server all I do is myself + bot raids .. this is a key component to my gaming play. As far as I can tell the old bots seem to function better .. all in all I hope things get straightened out :) Keep up the good work

WildcardX
08-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Try r900. I just committed it. Looks like the NPC scaling logic that was added in r898 impacted bots in unexpected ways. I am bypassing that logic now in r900.

WildcardX
08-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Oh one more tip. If you ran r898 and/or r899, you will need to go examine the bots in your database and make sure their "botlevel" is what it should be. The NPC scaling logic would have adjusted your bots to unreasonable levels and saved to to your bots table. make sure you reset these values BEFORE you run r900.

shanekukacka
08-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks Wild

Ummm I think the last revision my friend added was 894, and I am seeing alot of wonkyness did you find the same ?

I don't *think* he added 898 or 899 .. but I'll be sure to tell him about the 900 .. in case he's not sure where to get the means to 900 .. where can he get it ? thanks for your quick reply .. I'm having a blast with the bots and really wanna see them get tuned :) awsome work so far keep it up

WildcardX
08-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Bug reports about older revisions mean nothing. The code is evolving so quick that I can't evaluate bug reports from like 7 revisions ago. Try r900. If you see things that don't look right, please try to be descriptive. I can't fix "wonkiness" :-)

Taurinus
08-08-2009, 03:45 PM
r900:

Great work with the spawning code. You can now see bot pets in the client group window...and bots appear in the zone as a client :grin:

++bots still cannot melee. However, I have narrowed it down to ONLY bots who are in illusion (i.e. Boon of the Garou). Special attacks still work, tho. I am looking through the source at the moment to see if any melee checks are choking on the illusion.

shanekukacka
08-08-2009, 04:15 PM
spoke to my friend he's gonna add r900 for me and I'll test things and post my findings

Taurinus
08-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Also for r900:

Need to figure out a way for bots to aquire no drop items now that they are clients.

WildcardX
08-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Yeah I was thinking on that to since the client enforces item roles before the server can make any decisions. best solution I can think of is to create a command like "#bot giveitem" and it then gives the item the client has on its cursor to the targeted bot. I'd rather do this than to have to use #bot commands to do group, raid and maybe possibly guild functions. Wouldn't you?

Taurinus
08-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Yes I agree.

The problems with the bots retaining illusions is caused by the illusion race being written to the bot's table entry as their race. So bots that can be in illusion form, which is all of them, need to have their native race tracked.

WildcardX
08-08-2009, 08:37 PM
cool. thanks for researching that. i'll get a fix for it.

Taurinus
08-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Also, gender gets borked in the same manner.

shanekukacka
08-08-2009, 11:18 PM
r901 :

I am finding that BARD bots are not playing songs even with the epic 1.0 / 1.5 / 2.0 versions. Cantana of Life is not playing like it should for a level 70 bard Warsongs even if I initiate the #bot group order attack command she will not play ANY songs. can you please look into this for me :) thanks!

WildcardX
08-09-2009, 02:45 AM
Should have the bot illusions bug fixed in r904. Can also use #bot giveitem to equip your bot with no trade no drop gear. otherwise you can continue to use the normal trade window to give gear that is legal to give to another client.