PDA

View Full Version : Warrior disciplines broken

fourier
09-07-2009, 11:58 AM
I couldn't get /discipline evasive or defensive to work so I'm guessing these are still being worked on. I read some old threads about this issue, but couldn't determine the current status.

It seems to me , and I'm probably overlooking something simple, but I think these could be integrated by adding them to the end of functions such as attack.cpp Mob::MeleeMitigation. Damage = damage * modifier where modifier = 0.7 or so for defensive (just a guess, and I can't remember if defensive lowers every hit or not, so maybe a random check needs to be in place), and similar logic for evasive, where damage = 0 instead of damage on a successful random check. If I recall, Verant said the evasive discipline lowers the enemy's hit percentage by 35% but also lowers your hit percentage by 15%.

So if you guys want I can go ahead and start development on this , I don't think it would take long. Are you still planning on totally redoing the combat mitigation part of code? If not, I dont see why the above wouldn't work.

Note: I used to play a high end warrior..about 8 years ago.. lol

Rogean
09-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Yea, A lot has changed from 8 years ago. Your formulas and implimentation would be completely off.

Also I think it already works. It just uses the combat abilities window. /discipline is no longer used.

KLS
09-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Disciplines work via the combat window and they work fine.

So_1337
09-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Use ALT+C to bring up the window.