PDA

View Full Version : Error running the .bat for editor

Pandaman
09-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Error I get on all of them.

Any suggestions?

The module "a.ocx" failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary .dll files.

The specified module could not be found.

Pandaman
09-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Still having this issue sadly. ;(

GeorgeS
09-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Are you having this just for a.ocx?

If so, then run the register bat as an administrator -- right click, run as admin.

If that's not the problem, then what's the OS?
I think it's possible the file got corrupted?

The other tools use a.ocx - do they work?

GeorgeS

Pandaman
09-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Are you having this just for a.ocx?

If so, then run the register bat as an administrator -- right click, run as admin.

If that's not the problem, then what's the OS?
I think it's possible the file got corrupted?

The other tools use a.ocx - do they work?

GeorgeS

I fixed it, replacing the standard lines with

C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 /u C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\DXAnimatedG IF.ocx /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 /u C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\a.ocx /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 /u C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\msdxm.ocx /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 /u C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\MSCOMCTL.OC X /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 /u C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\MSINET.OCX /S
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 /u C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\MSDATGRD.OC X /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\DXAnimatedG IF.ocx /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\a.ocx /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\msdxm.ocx /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\MSCOMCTL.OC X /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\MSINET.OCX /S
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\MSDATGRD.OC X /s

revloc02c
10-30-2012, 09:06 PM
I couldn't get this to work either, I got "module a.ocx failed to load" error, and the solution here did not work for me.

I got it to work the long way, here's what I did in case someone else needs it.

Open a Administrator Command Prompt
Navigate to the directory where Georges tools are e.g.: ..\EQEmu\EQEmu Tools\GeorgeS_EqEmu_Files Rev2214\Tools
Cut & Pasted each of the lines from the ..\resources\register_ocx.bat file:
regsvr32 a.ocx
regsvr32 DXAnimatedGIF.ocx
regsvr32 imagelist.ocx
regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX
regsvr32 VFmp3player.ocx
regsvr32 quartz.dll
regsvr32 MSHFLXGD.OCX
regsvr32 MSINET.OCX

Each line in turn gives a "Succeeded" message prompt.

Hope that helps.

naveed
11-16-2012, 02:45 AM
Im not really following these fixes...because im getting the same issues =( can anyone dumb it down some? My head hurts from all the work getting a server up in the past 2 days.