PDA

View Full Version : New Icon issue

Zodl
09-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Hello,

I am a fan of the Item editor, and would like to use the new Icons. After reading through the forms and help files, I have downloaded the dragitem.tga's from both Sony and GeorgS's tools. I've extracted/Copied both (as in tried both seperate times) into my ...Everquest\UIFiles\Default and Everquest\UIFiles\Default_old folders (again trying both just in case) and still cannot get new icons to show up, getting the cloth necklace instead. I've also tried a restart - just in case, without success. I'm not inept on a computer, but I'm lost here. Am I missing a step like importing to the emulator as well? Could someone give me a step by step to installing the new icons into my EQ game? (Running Titanium, if it matters)

GeorgeS
09-11-2009, 11:34 PM
You cannot use any more icons than titanium supports. However, my tool uses SOF icons, and those were extracted from the SoF installation by hand.
Just DL the dragicons will not help. It's dependent on the client version

GeorgeS

Zodl
09-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Okay thanks. Two new questions then,

Could I theoretically re-name some of the dragitems to change in game icons (and with a bit of experimenting with names use which icons I please)

And secondly, would SoF support all of the icons provided I downloaded the Dragitems? I just built a new PC, and for some reason my copy of SoF isn't working - it would crash on startup. Because I'm going to upgrade to Win 7 in a few months I figured I'd just play on Titanium for a few months, and then troublshoot SoF on a new OS if needed. But when I ran SoF on my old machine I didn't have all the new icons either. (I didn't download the dragitems)

Thanks for the help.