PDA

View Full Version : Zone Extrapolation

Shadows91
09-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Greetings,

Is there any progress in the extrapolation of the most current EQLive zone file format? I'm interested in a function to convert these file types into single wavefront object files (*.obj) or similar extension that can be extrapolated into a matrix of vertices. I seek this data for reason of improved path finding and object evasion methods. My interest only requires the extrapolation method to convert from EQG file format. It need not write to the EQG file format, which could cause obvious issues.

Should this project currently require funding or assistance, I would be willing to apply support.

Shadows91
11-14-2009, 07:53 PM
( Bump )

GeorgeS
11-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Although I was interested in the past about the models, I model them now myself, and I can get pretty close to the original with a few hours of work.

Regarding the eqg format, I'm sure no-one has suceeded or released any C++ as far as I'm aware, but there was openeq which I thought was going to use those files. Kayodo managed to decode the s3d's and convert those ok for the most part.
But I have decent ability in modeling, so I donated the models I made for openzone/simple client.

GeorgeS