PDA

View Full Version : spawning bots via quest.

nightsta69
09-24-2009, 06:52 AM
i'm curious if there is a way to spawn a bot, to help for a limited time, via quest commands? also is there a way to make a generalized bot, to be used for spawning for specific quests only.

ChaosSlayerZ
09-24-2009, 11:24 AM
yes i would like to have a bot who could be hired like a mercenary

nightsta69
09-24-2009, 12:50 PM
thats not a bad idea, but i'm mainly wanting to use them for quests. IE you agree to help X npc, who will join you in finishing Y quest. then afterwards, he poofs. he's just there for the quest, and that is it.

nightsta69
09-28-2009, 02:44 PM
any word from a dev, if this would be viable to put into source?

nightsta69
10-06-2009, 02:28 PM
has this been looked into? or has any dev even seen this post? seems now that bots got implimented, noones taken a second glance at it.

gaeorn
10-08-2009, 12:37 PM
As I understand it, WildcardX's work comes in cycles so he is very busy for long periods and then has free time between cycles. He is the primary dev for the new bot code.

I would suspect that he would like the ideas presented in this thread, but that he probably will not implement such features until more of the basic functionality of the bots has been completed. Currently the AI still requires a lot of work.

If you are in a hurry, the quickest way to get a feature you want implemented is to code it yourself and submit it for inclusion into the codebase.

Hope this helps explain the lack of responses.

nightsta69
10-08-2009, 12:40 PM
ah ok, didn't realize that. thanks for the response. and i'm in no hurry atm, just wanted an answer mainly lol. and if this isn't done by the time I get into college, i'll probably make it a project of mine, to help with the learning experience hehe.

WildcardX
10-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah I am coming off a major dev cycle now and am going to get back to bot code. I just committed code today to enable bots for ldon adventures. I know there are several bugs to address, but just because i recreated the bot system doesnt mean I have to be the only dev addressing bugs. Other developers are welcome to help bug fix.

Shin Noir
10-17-2009, 07:02 PM
welcome back WildcardX

gaeorn
10-20-2009, 04:37 PM
I know there are several bugs to address, but just because i recreated the bot system doesnt mean I have to be the only dev addressing bugs. Other developers are welcome to help bug fix.

I plan to help when I have time again. I've been very busy as well so haven't been able to code much in the past couple months. And it seems there is only a subset of the devs that are interested in the bot code.

nightsta69
10-21-2009, 11:31 AM
yay for wildcard being back! I hope what was requested at the beginning of this thread would be a viable request. I'm wanting to use bots in some of my quests, they would be of default design (IE alrdy made, and have gear on them), and despawn on completion of quest via quest perl commands. mainly for help in some 1 person instances, which are part of the quests.