PDA

View Full Version : spells_us.txt trouble when i tried to update

Frebbis
09-26-2009, 11:13 PM
so i started playing on the zarn barn server which said to go to stormhaven something or other .com, it said to save a link then put it in my directory so i can use +70 spells. well i tried then i realized it was for a different server than the one i intended on playing and tried to delete that file and rename the original that i had renamed to a backup one. I'm not sure what i need to do but i cant log into the server now. here is a link to the site that i clicked

Updating your spells_us.txt file to the Custom Storm Haven version:

1. Right click on the link below and select "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As...", whichever of those options right click gives you.

http://stormhavenserver.com/downloads/spells_us.txt

2. Find your Everquest directory. It should be in either C:\Program Files\Everquest or C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest.

3. Click "Save" and you are all done. Now just exit Everquest completely and restart it and you are set!

trevius
09-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Normally questions for support for a specific server should go on that server's forums or maybe just asking in game. In this case, they are using the spell file for my server (Storm Haven) for their server as well I guess. So, you should be able to just save that file like they said to and it should work just fine. The good part about the file from my server is that it should work at least basically for most servers out there because it included all of the standard Titanium spells, as well as the level 71-75 spells and the same file works for both SoF and Titanium clients.

I am not sure why renaming your backup didn't work, but maybe you need to check your spelling or make sure the extension is set properly or something. If your client doesn't find that file, it will fail to connect.