PDA

View Full Version : How to make a click effect cost mana?

Pallos
10-01-2009, 12:56 AM
Would it just have to be a mana drain on self in the spell effect in order to happen?

If you have any specifics on how I can make this work, please include.

Thanks guys :)

ChaosSlayerZ
10-01-2009, 02:12 AM
if its a beneficial spell, you alter the spell itself to remove X amount of mana from you. (for example: 1st effect: heal for 500; 2nd effect: lower mana by 50)

if its a detrimental spell, you can give it a recourse which will hit YOU and then remove your mana.

Pallos
10-01-2009, 04:21 PM
ok Current mana -15000 Worked ! :)

but how Can I stop the clickie from being used without the required mana, IE if mana is Less than 15k Id like the clickie to not be able to cast the spell, any ideas?

What im trying to prevent here is chain casting of a custom pet without putting a recast timer into effect.

thanks for the help, wish the spell editor was a bit more intuitive

Tharkun
10-04-2009, 05:58 PM
i thought the whole point of a clicky was the lack of mana required
You can put the cool down on the item on not the spell.

You may have to look at the itemDB so see if there is a field that would allow a click effect to require mana.

ChaosSlayerZ
10-04-2009, 09:35 PM
ok Current mana -15000 Worked ! :)

but how Can I stop the clickie from being used without the required mana, IE if mana is Less than 15k Id like the clickie to not be able to cast the spell, any ideas?

What im trying to prevent here is chain casting of a custom pet without putting a recast timer into effect.

thanks for the help, wish the spell editor was a bit more intuitive

unfortunately there is no way around that, since the spell is originating from item and not from you - the item doesn't care how much mana you have