PDA

View Full Version : Any cleric casting changes in 1038?

Valdaun
10-25-2009, 11:35 PM
I didn't get time to try this out tonight, but have there been any intended changes to the cleric healing logic and the bug with Druid/Shaman regrowth type spells preventing their direct heals?

I had been dealing with it ok by removing all of the regrowth spells from Shaman and Druids, so just curious if I need to take those out again. (since they came back in my DB upgrade)

I'd also still love to see the Cleric fire off their biggest non-CH heal unless the target HP was way under what the non-CH could do. Cracks me up to see "Cleric has completely healed you for 174 HP". "I waited 10 seconds for THAT?" ;)

WildcardX
10-25-2009, 11:43 PM
No AI changes were made on the work I did this weekend. I am now weighing if I should go and do bot raid integration next now that I cleaned up the code and deprecated the legacy BotRaids system or if I should do an overhaul of the AI system for BOTS. I'm probably leaning more towards the AI issues since I have a system in place to allow people to raid with bots circa classic eq era with simple groups.

Valdaun
10-26-2009, 09:59 AM
For what it's worth, I would also lean toward the AI revamp + the filter stuff Shin was working on being first. I think if you do the raids first it's just going to make us wish for a controllable AI even more. :)

I would LOVE to be able to dedicate a shaman to buffs while out of combat, and only slow and maybe resist debuff while in combat. No more blowing his whole mana bar on dots when I really only want him for slow.

Also, does anyone know why the bots don't inherit the OOC regen settings when specified in the rules table? I have my OOC regen set to 10% so a worst case 0% to 100% is 60 seconds. But the bots seem to only use their own setting somewhere and it takes them a lot longer. It's only mildly annoying, especially now that they will keep their buffs, but I thought I'd toss it out there.

bad_captain
11-12-2009, 11:15 AM
I just added a fix in the following post:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29974

Please test it out and give feedback. Thanks!

Davood
11-13-2009, 02:08 AM
No AI changes were made on the work I did this weekend. I am now weighing if I should go and do bot raid integration next now that I cleaned up the code and deprecated the legacy BotRaids system or if I should do an overhaul of the AI system for BOTS. I'm probably leaning more towards the AI issues since I have a system in place to allow people to raid with bots circa classic eq era with simple groups.

We would love you, if you could fix bard bots ! those of us novice C++ programmers (me) who can barely understand linked lists and inherited classes have struggled vainly to figure out how to fix them, alas, we have failed!