PDA

View Full Version : New Problems or old?

kryanforums
10-31-2009, 05:46 PM
I have a "little" understanding of this process" but I'm coming in in the middle of so many changes... Can someone point in the general direction of what I did wrong?

I've been running 1038 from PEQ with DB 1038 with no probs other than bot related issues which have undergone so many changes recently.

I decided I wanted to run the latest, and help test the bot system.
DL'd *REV 1047* from SVN /trunk , compiled, and wasn't sure which sql's I should use since my DB was 1038... soooo..

I sourced 1022, 1027, 1030, 1036, 1038, 1039, and 1040....

I did NOT source bots or botsconvert (included in sql directory) since it looked to me like those had been included in peq1038.sql ..

I had to change from perl 5.8 to 5.10 , np, i realized I would have to do that after compiling.

I moved over the new build, sourced the DB as I said before, and great, it all loaded perfectly..

BUT now I'm seeing some errors that I didn't see before coming from Zone server :

Firstly: {client_net_err} Krunn: unhandled incoming opcode: [OpCode OP_WeaponEquip2 <0x63da> Size = 8]
0: 12 02 00 00 40 00 00 00
then two more almost identical except the following:
0: 12 02 00 00 80 00 00 00
0: 12 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00

I checked, and get these errors on zonein, AND/OR if I change my *equipped* weapons. (any weapons at all)

Secondly: Bot groups...
I target bot, #bot botgroup create, they become leader...
Ok, However, I cant get the #bot botgroup add command to work. it tells me "you must have a group leader targeted".. which I do.

Thirdly: Adventuring..
with bots in group with me, I accept adventure, and go. at level 45 the mobs are red as a beet.. and take me out pretty fast.

With a real char in group wtih me, the mobs are blue... (but they still hit pretty dang hard - 150ish max) this at lvl 45 both toons.

Zoning: Bots seem to be zoning fine, but I get DC'd alot if I die.
BUT when I zone now, the Zone server goes nuts spamming opcode errors until it finally settles down and either goes, or drops the client..

I realize there may be several issues non related here.. I'm just not sure..

Did I source the right sqls?
Can you point me in the general area of what I should look for?

Was hoping I wouldn't have to start with a fresh DB, but I will if I have to, but not knowing if its the DB or Build thats causing the prob is bugging me.

NOTE: the errors im seeing in the zone server window , I'm not noticing any issued in game.. just happened to see them in the zone server, and had never saw those before.

kryanforums
10-31-2009, 06:05 PM
Actually.. I'm seeing some real problems.

Gonna start over with a fresh 1038 DB and go from there.

Would someone mind telling me which sql's I should then source for current bots? (other than peq1038bots.sql)

Also, anyone else running 1047 BUILD? Is it stable?

Melcrin
10-31-2009, 06:51 PM
To group your bots now you have to use the actual invite button. The problems with bots runs deep. What I have noticed since I began playing again two months ago is the cleric bots don't seem to heal as well as they used to they just use their heal over time spells.

Bots now travel through zone with you but after you zone with them they don't follow you. Bots don't seem to buff you anymore, I believe due to the bot zoning with you addition. The goal I think was to just have bots with you the entire time, so they would simply recast buffs when they wear off. Problem with this is you won't always have your bots with you and so your and the bots buffs will be on separate timers. (problem is with group buffs not singles}

Bards don't seem to sing, they are good for a couple fights then they just quit singing altogether. The #bot picklock command isn't working. Don't use the #bot archery command it will freeze your client. #bot group summon is starting to have a habit of freezing your client.

I'm not sure what happened but when I was playing many months back they didn't seem to have these problems. But hey, you can guild your bots now, so that is cool.

kryanforums
10-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Yeah i can group them just fine, but problem is in making a bot group of itself with the new commands. worked ok using the old raid commands, but I think it's likely on my end on most of this.

Bots are zoning with me, healing me, buffing me (they never let a dropped buff go unattended!) and they are following me great, even after zoning. Only time they havent zoned with me (with the new BUILD 1047) is when I died.

On the healing note.. when they arent healing is usally cause I let them go without medding (bad habit of mine) but I have noticed they dont seem to use CHeal, if so i've overlooked it.

Bards, well I can see what they're doing, they *cast* song then they stop until it wears off signaling they need to do it again, but when in combat, yeah sometimes they get engrossed in fighting.

My suggestion on bot buffs would be for a *switch* to turn them on, let them buff, then turn off the buff switch so they focus on other things.

I've been toying with a few ideas, and this *switch* is something I considered looking into.

Overall, no probs with the bots atm, just a mess in my DB or build one.
I'm resourcing a fresh DB as I type this. Hopefully i"ll have some *useful* feedback to report on the bots soon !

Shin Noir
10-31-2009, 07:21 PM
switch is likely something like this:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29590
Though that's getting outdated due to Wildcard's extravagant press of yet another massive rennovation. :)

kryanforums
10-31-2009, 07:37 PM
ahh, yeah. Been kinda waiting to see what he has up his sleeve. Hard to run in every direction at once P As sure as I go messin with it, he'll release something tomorrow :P

I have got the fresh DB up and going, and still getting the same errors. sooo, I had to have missed something in the new build. Gonna go take a look at it again. I was running in like 5 directions when I built it last night, so I likely left a wrench layin where it shouldn't be.

Kaain
11-01-2009, 04:36 PM
I haven't been doing any raid level bot testing lately on my lan server, but I know that the casting AI for higher level bots is fubar at the moment. My druid stops healing once I ding 34 and #bot update, I stopped using cleric altogether, and bards do have song issues. Most of this has been noted in several threads over the last month or two. I 'think' Wildcard has chosen the AI as his next code project so we just have to be patient for a bit on these. I updated from Rev948 and am currently running Rev1038 windows (not Linux) source and db using the binaries Cavedude made on the 24th. I also made sure to source all the sql files for every rev between the 2 versions from the Updates folder.
From my limited testing this week I can group with 1 or 2 bots, fight until I want to move to another zone, then zone (around 10 different zones on purpose) with the same bots, and they have no problem following me or assisting me except for the ongoing healing issues. Healing is such an issue for me atm that I backed off playing bots until we all get a chance to test some of the AI changes once they start getting released.

Valdaun
11-01-2009, 07:28 PM
If you want to "fix" the (Cleric) healing yourself, you just have to remove all the regrowth line of spells from Druids and Shaman in npc_spells_entries or don't roll a Druid/Shaman bot + Cleric bot in the same group. The Cleric isn't super smart, post 39 he will only do a 4 tick HoT on damage and then wait for CH (no middle ground direct heals), but it does work. It's especially worked well for me once I started playing a Shaman as my class. As long as I can get something slowed, the long wait for CH + whatever I might toss out for heals gets us through. :)

My wife and I are playing on a private LAN server with rev 1038 and we have been doing well in a single group together with 4 bots, or even as a mini raid with each of us leading an additional 5 bots. She plays a Druid and I play the Shaman so we don't encounter the regrowth buff = zero direct heals bug.

kryanforums
11-03-2009, 03:46 PM
I reloaded fresh 1038 DB, and sql'd 1039 and up. Working ok now.

The errors I mentioned seeing in the zone server, I think are likely debug errors that aren't seen in the release version of the server? ( at least I'm not seeing an issue in game)

The problem I was having with #bot botgroup command was that I wasn't capitalizing bot names to add them to the group. They HAVE to be spelled as the name appears (Case sensitive) Np there now.

I would like to see pets workin a bit better.. for now I've removed pets altogether, especially after the wiz familiar KS'd Cazic leavin no corpse nor xp from it. ( not sure why but the #bot pet remove cmd does not work for me I get "you must target your enchanter, druid, etc, bot" I've scoured the DB to see if I was missing a field for this but can't see anything missing)

@ valdaun: thanks for that info. Was about to attempt tweaking that to get better results from cleric.. I'll try dropping shammy after buffs! (lvl 51 + atm)