PDA

View Full Version : a little help...

liquest
01-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Okay, i dont know when the problem started but on any server i am on and i have a caster class and i try casting a spell i get this error ,
<Cannot cast spell while out of Combat>

what did i do wrong to get that?
how can i fix it because i like my rangers with working spells?

Thanks

jkennedy
01-02-2010, 03:40 PM
does it do it for anyclass and any spell or same class on a ranger

liquest
01-02-2010, 03:42 PM
i have tried multiple classes, no spells in game work for me they all say cannot cast out of combat. i have tested it with a SK druid, shaman, and a bard all get the same message...is it my spell file?

jkennedy
01-02-2010, 04:19 PM
if you have tired different servers and same problems try to get a new spell files

liquest
01-02-2010, 04:45 PM
where would i get replacement SoF spell files?

trevius
01-02-2010, 10:05 PM
I am gonna guess you are running the SoF client. I believe that problem happens when you have a spell file that does not match the spell file the server you are on is running. If you downloaded a custom spell file for playing on one of the servers you play on, that is likely to be the culprit. When you download custom files like that, it is always a good idea to backup or rename your original files instead of overwriting them. That way, if something goes wrong, you can always revert back to the originals.

You might be able to find a file download on one of the servers you play on the most that will work to replace the bad one you have. You can always give the one from my server a try and see if it helps at all:

http://stormhavenserver.com/mediawiki-1.14.0/index.php?title=All_Custom_Files

In particular, you want the spells_us.txt file. You could also just remove EQ and reinstall it fresh to restore the original spell file.