khuong
09-13-2002, 02:41 PM
3.6 Compatible Addon DB

1. read the readme.txt

--- information ----

20,247 items (magelo / hq)

some zones will crash on load due to high amount of spawn data
known zones to do this is sseru and greigsand

this can only be used if the 3.6 db.sql has been sourced FIRST.... if u come complaining to me or lurker about how it doesn't work and u failed to grasp the concept that 3.6 db.sql needs to be installed i will make u my prison bitch.....

- khuong

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eqemu/EQEMu-3.6-DB-Addon.zip?download

GuardianX99
09-16-2002, 06:56 PM
Can I be your prison bitch now?

BioPlague
09-17-2002, 09:05 AM
Seem pretty eager to be a prison bitch guardian.

wickit
09-17-2002, 01:58 PM
never mind.. i just finished DLing it.. and read the read me file.. sorry to bother ya :-D

ldrakken
09-18-2002, 01:09 AM
I work for a county gov. I am sure I can make arrangements for you to be a prison bitch.

ldrakken
09-18-2002, 10:19 AM
Good Job guys. I hope the next project is to have it autospawn the creauters and drop correct loot.

cooler
09-21-2002, 02:29 AM
umm i am not sure if i am the only one here but i have installed up to scars of velious and i changed the eq host to say what it is supposed to say and yet still when i try to play it tells me to make sure taht i have the eqhost.txt and it cant connect other wise .. is there something else i must do to it?
:confused:

Bardboy
09-21-2002, 02:32 AM
Yes. Read the README. Do a search on the forums. Read the README. Read the README. Do a search on the forums. Read the README. Read the README. Do a search on the forums. Read the README. Read the README. Do a search on the forums. Read the README.

:D

cooler
09-21-2002, 03:41 AM
umm i have read the readme and it doesnt say anything about my problem and that is why i am on the forum asking

Bardboy
09-21-2002, 11:36 AM
Ok then...

What does your eqhost.txt say?

Where is it located?

What program are you running to get into the game; i.e. EQW, EQGAME - patchme, or Everquest.exe?

Are you trying to connect to someone elses server, or are you running minilogin?

What version of EQEMU are you running?

:confused:

Edit: punctuation error

unix_phreak
09-23-2002, 08:00 AM
if u come complaining to me or lurker about how it doesn't work and u failed to grasp the concept that 3.6 db.sql needs to be installed i will make u my prison bitch.....

OK. well for those that aren't in a winBLOWS environment, .bat
files don't run.

just open mysql and then

use <DBname>
source resource.sql

there ya go.

You can thank me later. BWUhahahah!

///EDIT/// I can't speel. LOL

Lurker_005
09-23-2002, 09:34 AM
We figure if your smart enought to install and run linux, you can figure out how to source in sql files ;)

BioPlague
09-24-2002, 07:50 AM
If I were smart enough to install linux or even wealthy enough to own anything beyond what I have I would be atleast trying to help the cause here. I think prison bitches have it better. I should ask khuong how he treats his. ;)

unix_phreak
09-24-2002, 08:08 AM
We figure if your smart enought to install and run linux, you can figure out how to source in sql files ;)

I afree lurker, but linux and mysql are 2 entirely different things

BioPlague
09-24-2002, 08:15 AM
Linux is not a walk in the park. If you figure that oput the mysql is a breeze. They may be different but Mysql is much easier to learn. :rolleyes:

ldrakken
09-25-2002, 01:06 AM
I have played with alot of stuff. Linux is a pain in the ass if your not a programmer. I installed it once and then sat down and realized I had no clue what to do next. I dont know how it works with drivers or anything, and didnt have any books on it. One of these days when I have time I will probably take a Unix class and get a more understanding of how it works.

SQL is another monster of its own. Unless you know how databases work then SQL is just another beast that you poke a stick at and hope it works right. I for one am never ashamed to ask for help. Thats how you learn. If your unable to figure it out you ask. In a work environment where I deal with multiple servers if I get to a point where I dont know something, and cant find the answer I ask. Ill be damned if I take the blame for crashing a government network. So I say if you dont know. ask.

As for being a prison bitch....just keep your back to the wall and dont drop the soap. Keep a shank handy incase the sisters go looking for a victim. Good luck.

Lurker_005
09-29-2002, 03:26 AM
This 3.6 DB Addon will work with the 3.8 EQEmu release. Follow the instructions in the readme, but use the DB.sql from the 3.8 release instead.

If you already had a 3.6 or 3.7 server running with this Addon, then just source the dbupdate.sql that came with the 3.8 EQEmu release, and your done.

Chrysm
10-02-2002, 01:32 PM
I am using 3.8 and I am trying to follow the instructions. I did everythign in the instructions but, now I cannot enter the world on 127.0.0.1. For instance when I try to enter in Nektulos the Zoneserver says Error in AddLootItemNPC item:0, blahblah.

I don't know if I messed up somewhere or what?
Here's what I did.

1.) Absolutly nothing... (using 3.8) this is probably where I messed up because I don't know how to "source" 3.6
2.) Run the install.bat and wait check
3.) wait some more check
4.) Run eqw.exe check

I was kinda looking in the loot tables using eqadmin and the first entries are blank... supposed to be this way?

Chrysm

Lurker_005
10-02-2002, 04:51 PM
Chrysm: Guessing you had trouble with #1 for some reason
use the db.sql file that came with 3.8 EQEmu

see my sig for some help getting it sourced right.

Chrysm
10-02-2002, 05:56 PM
Sorry got it working now =) Although I did manage to fuxor my db file by trying to get the public login server going =P

Thanks