PDA

View Full Version : Bot's acting like pets rather then Player Characters

Ansley1
01-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Just wondering why on some bot servers your Warr/Pal/Sk Bot will tank for you while you are next to the mob and meleeing. But most Bot servers they act like pets where if your even close to the mob its going to hit you over the tank Bots.

Much better when your bots tank for you so you dont have to be a warrior. You can play Rogue/Monk ect.

prickle
01-22-2010, 03:03 PM
because when "Aggro:SmartAggroList" is enabled on the server the bots /taunt but it doesn't work properly. For some reason, "tank" bots /taunt doesn't increase agro and, as a result, the mob attacks the nearest target.

gaeorn
01-24-2010, 01:26 AM
because when "Aggro:SmartAggroList" is enabled on the server the bots /taunt but it doesn't work properly. For some reason, "tank" bots /taunt doesn't increase agro and, as a result, the mob attacks the nearest target.

I know that the old bot code had a problem with the Aggro::SmartAggroList rule, but that was because the rule preferred clients over NPCs (pets were NPCs). The new bot code was done to consider bots much more like clients, so this rule should not affect bot aggro the way it used to. If it still does, it is unintended.

Slaintemaith
06-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Has the new bot/emu code had a confirmed fix for this?
Am I missing a setting somewhere?

The problem, of course, is that with the 'Aggro:SmartAggroList', 'false' setting, bots won't yield aggro, but if the setting is on 'true,' the aggro works like pets and the player will get beaten on, even if the player hasn't done anything to get on the hate list.

I'd think this would be a priority bug, since it seriously affects gameplay if you want to play a melee class that doesn't tank well.

Is it currently a trade-off?

Sorry to reopen an old wound here, and thanks for your time.