PDA

View Full Version : I fight alone ALL the time with my bot group

Bitesys
01-25-2010, 09:33 PM
in rev-1143, the bot will stop moving for buff, most the time in a dungeon, they are far away when I start a fight with a mob, they are far away, when I call them to assist, most the time a wall or something blocking their view to the mob I am fighting, and they stop moving when I start a fight ... so I am alone ... in some place that mob do summon ... its a death trap here ...

bot stop to buff --> bot is away from me --> bot stop moving when fight begin --> bot do not assist if they dont see mob --> bot always standing in a distant ........

Bitesys
01-25-2010, 09:47 PM
stop for buff is not a big problem, but stop move when fight begin is not so good in this situation, how about make bots move to me if they cannot see the mob I am fighting ?

jkennedy
01-25-2010, 10:05 PM
or maybe a command for the bot owners to #summonbot or somthing

Bitesys
01-25-2010, 10:17 PM
#bot summon can summon bot to me, but I rarely use it, it don't feel right always summon bot to me unless they fighting a mob somewhere I cannot found. and if I have multi bot group with me in a small raid ... I can't target 18 bots then summon for EVERY fight ...

I know there is a way around in current rev .... the #bot botgroup load <name> allow me to spawn a whole group at me place IN COMBAT ... feel like cheating again .... but this command also summon the bot group to me if they already spawned ... but ... it just dont feel right. of cause .. I can't do this to my own group .... still need some work if I only doing one group hunting in a dungeon ..

prickle
01-25-2010, 11:54 PM
hot keys man... hot keys...

I have 1 hot key that summons 5 groups to me with a pause on the first summon line so I can put the MT on a permarooted raid target and back away before the other bot groups are summoned to me...

I normally summon my bots to me if I lose them. I ALWAYS run faster than they do. The only bots that keep up with me are the druid bots with wolf-form on. So, I always have to summon them before I start a fight... or wait for them.

The last time I tried to spawn bots during a battle it wouldn't let me, but I haven't tried spawn bots during a fight since Rev1052/1085...

Since my healers are all healing the targets I try to kill (rev 1112 and higher for me), I've reverted to playing on 1085 for the time being. I periodically download compile and test the latest svn (last one I checked was 1158 ) but have yet to get a new build going where the bots don't heal what i'm killing.

WkimWes
01-25-2010, 11:56 PM
You can summon your whole group I believe. #bot botgroup summon I think can summon your whole group and every group spawned.

Bitesys
01-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Yes, summon bots before fight is one way to get around it, but spam # commands dont look good, and dont feel right, I try to use as little # command as possible, so friends with minimal # command status can play normally.

Yes, #bot botgroup load <name> do let you spawn whole gorup of bots IN COMBAT, that mean I can train bots to fight mighty boss of any raid ... it feel like cheating ... maybe it will be gone in next rev.

a little secret I found ... "#bot botgroup summon myself" will summon my own group to me ... this is a good one ... ohh yea, "myself" is part of the command

jkennedy
01-26-2010, 07:36 AM
if ur a gm just use #summon on urself also

Frumph
01-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Well bot stopping to cast was intentional, or am I missing what the problem is?

prickle
01-26-2010, 03:31 PM
If you don't like using the #bot botgroup summon command, then your other option is to move slower to make sure your bots don't "get lost"...

steve
01-26-2010, 03:48 PM
If you don't like using the #bot botgroup summon command, then your other option is to move slower to make sure your bots don't "get lost"...

Or it could be changed so that the bots run as fast as the person that summons them.

On Live, the bots run pretty fast and rarely get left behind, unless they get stuck.

Frumph
01-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah, WildCardX and I made the bots run as fast as the bot's owner now. You said your using 1143 so you should be seeing their movement speed and when they do stop to cast that's behavior which is implemented on purpose since neither bots nor client machines should be running while casting.

Bitesys
01-27-2010, 03:11 AM
sorry If I dont make you understand me Frumph, let me try again

bot cast buff , bot STOP (intentional)
+ bot run as fast as me, bot stay in distance (I do not stop)
+ mob attack me, I start fight, bot STOP in distance (stop at fight also intentional?)
+ me and mob around cornor, bot cannot see mob or me
--------------------------------------------------------------------
= bot did NOT assist me to fight, did not heal me as well since they cannot see me too, ===> I die if I dont move to bot

Ansley1
01-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Simplest solution i have for ya is to pull the mob around the corner to your bots :D

WkimWes
01-27-2010, 02:43 PM
sorry If I dont make you understand me Frumph, let me try again

bot cast buff , bot STOP (intentional)
+ bot run as fast as me, bot stay in distance (I do not stop)
+ mob attack me, I start fight, bot STOP in distance (stop at fight also intentional?)
+ me and mob around cornor, bot cannot see mob or me
--------------------------------------------------------------------
= bot did NOT assist me to fight, did not heal me as well since they cannot see me too, ===> I die if I dont move to bot

Now I'm sort of understanding what he's talking about. I was in Umbral plains and it's an open zone. Here was my bot group make up:

1. SK
2. Rogue
3. Magician
4. Necromancer
5. Enchanter
6. Cleric <- Me

When I issued a group attack I noticed, that once in awhile the SK wouldn't attack and stood back while the rest of the group attacked. His pet would run to attack and then run back to the SK where he was standing. During these fights my rogue would be the one tanking because they are doing the most damage.

This also happened to my necro, and magician. You can see it more of what he's talking about with pet classes. Even after casting they don't even join the fight. The pets are in limbo running back and forth (like ok attacking, ok coming back to the bot, ok attacking ok coming back) Even with line of sight.

Anyone experiencing this issue?

WkimWes
01-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Simplest solution i have for ya is to pull the mob around the corner to your bots :D

That would work if I was the tank or the monk/sk puller, however as a cleric or any other non tank class would get their butt handed by a bad pull.

prickle
01-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Now I'm sort of understanding what he's talking about. I was in Umbral plains and it's an open zone. Here was my bot group make up:

1. SK
2. Rogue
3. Magician
4. Necromancer
5. Enchanter
6. Cleric <- Me

When I issued a group attack I noticed, that once in awhile the SK wouldn't attack and stood back while the rest of the group attacked. His pet would run to attack and then run back to the SK where he was standing. During these fights my rogue would be the one tanking because they are doing the most damage.

This also happened to my necro, and magician. You can see it more of what he's talking about with pet classes. Even after casting they don't even join the fight. The pets are in limbo running back and forth (like ok attacking, ok coming back to the bot, ok attacking ok coming back) Even with line of sight.

Anyone experiencing this issue?

Yup, I've seen the pets running back and forth. I thought it was just a quirk with bot pets. The only "pet classes" I have in my bots are enchanters, shamans, and 1 Shadow Knight. ~Most~ of the time the SK is in there tanking as much as he can. The Shaman and Enchanter pets are the ones usually running back and forth for me.

Bitesys
01-29-2010, 05:51 AM
up on closer look, the problem occur at the scope of fighting. right now, the rules are set like this :

FIGHT BEGIN :
BOT) stop moving
BOT melee) if have LOS, move to mob and attack
else, stand and do nothing
BOT caster) if have LOS and mob distance < spell range, nuke/debuff/dot
BOT healer) if have LOS with melee, heal
BOT pet) if no LOS with MOB, attack anyway, pet can walk thought walls ... -_-;;
if mob distance < pet/master, move and attack
else, run back and forth from master to mob
FIGHT END

I think the problems is the else part, need more work in there, like ...
melee ) if no LOS with mob, move to me
caster ) if no LOS with mob || mob too far, move to me
healer ) if no LOS with melee || move to me
pet class) if mob too far, move to me ......

maybe this will help ???

prickle
01-29-2010, 12:28 PM
the bots will run through walls too. just do the PoN Hedge maze event and you'll see it clear as day...

Though, I did notice a while back that my bots generally had no troubles keeping up with me in lower guk (before i got my own SoW and Run Speed AA later). I almost never had to summon them when i was at base run speed.