PDA

View Full Version : Hsagra's Wrath + Porlo's Fury Not Working Properly...

tmoney2983
02-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Issue: When casting Hsagra's wrath on the specified targets (tormax and velketor), the spell goes through its casting time but when it reaches the end you get a message saying "you must select a target first" and causing no damage. I cannot confirm this is the same issue with porlo's fury but I can test it monday morning...if anyone can take a look at this this would help out immensely as I'm currently playing on the irreverent server trying to do progression and having a hard time on the velious main bosses without it...

tmoney2983
02-22-2010, 04:37 PM
bump...anyone looking into this?

trevius
02-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Spell Data for that spell from Lucy's:

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=1311&source=Live

Maybe the NPCs are not set to the correct body type to have giant only damage applied to them. You might need to check with the server admin there to see if they are set properly or not.

tmoney2983
02-23-2010, 07:39 AM
well I can confirm now that its not only hsagra's wrath. porlo's fury goes through the same motion: begin to cast spell, but once spell has gone through its cast time a message in red pops up saying "You must first select a target". I have tried casting both of these spells on invalid targets, and when I do the spell right away says "This spell only works on specific dragons(or giants)". so I don't think it has to do so much with the target as it already distinguishes the target.

I had brought up this issue with the server admin a week ago already, and his findings were that its an emu-side issue...can anyone even confirm this works on other servers? otherwise ill check it out myself today and see...

realityincarnate
02-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Trevius is right, some of the velious raid targets have special body types that weren't being recognized by the server as giants or dragons. This should be fixed in revision 1262.

tmoney2983
02-23-2010, 11:35 AM
I see what you are talking about but does that explain why the casting begins but doesn't dmg the specified targets but when I target other mobs of the same spec but NOT specified mobs (say sontalak for porlo's fury and adjutant soandso for hsagra's wrath) it doesn't cast at all and gives the correct msg?

Ansley1
02-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Yes because the spell checks your target to see if its a dragon or a giant. If the sever doesn't specify what body type the mob is the spell wont land.

tmoney2983
02-23-2010, 02:19 PM
im starting to wonder if im being clear enough, so gonna try to explain it so i can understand it better...

i try casting on a mob that the spell CAN'T be used on (Sontalak) and it won't cast but say "This spell is for specific dragons only."

Now when i try to cast it on a mob it CAN be used on (one of the Lord's or Lady's) it goes through the cast time, but at the end instead of doing dmg it says "You must first select a target."

so, in essence, it understands what mob is right or wrong, but the damage is not applied. instead, im getting the select a target message.

so would this still fall under the criteria listed above? considering it understands right and wrong body type but not delivering the dmg?

Derision
02-23-2010, 02:52 PM
What's probably happening is that the client can determine for itself which targets are valid for the spell, so it can tell you straight away that the target is invalid.

For targets the client thinks are valid, it tells the server that it is casting the spell, but when the cast completes, the server was checking the body type and deciding it was invalid, that is until Realityincarnate just fixed it.

tmoney2983
02-23-2010, 04:03 PM
okay I understand it all now...i left a post on the irrev site linking this post so when they get a chance to read it hopefully they'll resolve the situation...